Premier's East Bay office is seeking a Legal Secretary for our Oakland based client. Our client is a leader in sustainable, sun-grown cannabis representing two of California's most special micro-climates and the small farmer ecosystems.
Reporting to our client's Vice President of Legal, the Legal Secretary is responsible for overseeing and administering a broad spectrum of specialized legal and compliance administrative responsibilities. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with others in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for providing day-to-day paralegal support to Vice President of Legal and Compliance Manager
- Proofread all entity documentation for grammatical, typographical or spelling errors, and completeness prior to distribution
- Maintain docketing deadlines, contract renewal schedules and calendar, and update as necessary
- Attend policy meetings and take detailed notes
- Maintain in-house legal and compliance intranet and delegate incoming information as necessary to company departments and stakeholders
- Maintain excellent working relationships with internal departments and external vendors
- Ensure all records, documents, and department work are effectively organized
- Perform research utilizing legal legal reference publications, computer databases and other tools
- Respond to compliance questions or issues arising from operations teams
- Assist in the development of content for & administer company wide compliance training program
- Draft initial legal forms and templates
- Project manage and/or execute the development of legal and compliance document databases and work flow processes
- Develop and maintain compliance documents such as shared legal and compliance websites, SOP’s, memos, department playbooks, compliance guides, etc.
- Manage awareness materials to help improve access to and awareness of regulatory requirements for staff, farmer partners, vendor partners, and client dispensaries
- Follow up on corrective action plans and project manage as needed
- Manage audits of packaging and labelling of internal and external products to ensure compliance
- Pull and prepare data in response to reporting requests and audit requirements
- 3-5 years working as a legal assistant or legal secretary or in compliance
- BA degree required
- Paralegal or comparable certification preferred, but not required
- Strong computer skills, preferably with G-Suite and Microsoft Word
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Solid writing skills
- Ability to work effectively and meet deadlines, including the ability to effectively prioritize among multiple projects
- Solid judgement and analytical skills
- Familiarity with law, legal procedures, and protocols
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Premier is a boutique recruitment firm that assists companies in all industries with Contract and Direct Hire search and placement for Administrative, Human Resources, Operations, and Customer Support roles.
Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.