Premier Staffing Source, Inc. is seeking Full-time and Part-time Peer Specialists in New Castle, DE. Staff for multiple shifts are needed. The peer specialist serves as an integral part of our client’s Crisis Intervention Office (CIS) team that provides an array of emergency response services to individuals who are experiencing a crisis. The peer specialist will serve as an added resource to the Crisis Responder by providing support and guidance to the individual who may have been diverted from the criminal justice system and/or psychiatric hospitals.
- Acts as an advocate for the individual in crisis
- Provides emotional and psychological support to individuals with mental illness, substance use disorders and /or co-occurring disorders
- Maintain contact with the individual within 24 hours after crisis has been resolved and follows through with linkages to applicable community resources
- May conduct periodic well-being home visits and/or phone calls for a specific time through phone calls, emails, and/or visits as determined in the CIS disposition plan
- Provide brief intervention, support and guidance to the next applicable level of care and/or assist with the attainment of eligible benefits
- May facilitate peer support groups with Peer Coordinator.
- Provide support to families of the consumer in crisis
- Maintain progress notes and provide timely and accurate documentation that meets CIS requirements
- Contributes to effective teamwork by combining skills and lived experiences
- Develops collaborative partnerships with community organizations
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- Serves as a positive role model for the consumer
- Maintain boundaries with the service population to determine risk and safety while balancing the best interest of the consumer
A minimum of a high school diploma or GED; some college preferred; attain peer certification within 1 year of employment. The candidate shall self-identify as it relates to behavioral health and related challenges.
Evenings, M-F 3:30 PM - 11:30 PM
Sunday: 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM