Financial Planning Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Financial Planning Analyst
Location: Valley City, OH
Salary: $100,000 - $110,000
This position will be responsible for adherence to financial policy and controls, improving internal business processes to support the company's production system model, and will be a key staff member of the plant leadership team serving as the plant manager’s “right hand” person to provide financial analyses and recommendations to assist in achieving strategic & financial objectives; moreover providing “proactive” analysis & reporting departmental key metrics, making recommendations on corrective actions, and enforcing ownership & accountability.
Responsible for budget (plan)/trend forecast and provide explanation of significant variances, including analysis of actual vs. budget (plan) or forecast. Focus on month-end results/reporting but most importantly strategic planning to ensure the business is growing the business profitability. A strong link between the plant’s business plan and forecast vs. actual results in order to quickly identify problem areas. Accurate analysis/recommendations in a timely manner (i.e. – scrap, labor & overhead cost) for various meetings or ad hoc requests.
The Entry Level Plant Controller position will lead the financial processes of the month-end close, cost variance reconciliations, inventory reconciliations, general ledger entries (as required), standard cost reconciliations , changes in Fixed Assets (ensure control and integrity of company assets) and forecast adjustments to budget. Held responsible to ensure all plant accounting activities comply with GAAP, company's polices, and sound business practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinating & preparing internal financial reporting (i.e. – weekly pulse checks, monthly performance presentations, etc.).
- Support plant management with basic training to retrieve cost data out of the system; moreover, providing support to corporate (Group Controller) with the annual standard cost development of plant rates (labor & overhead cost).
- Proactively interact with supervisors, plant management team as well as senior management to ensure all parties have a clear and accurate picture of the plant’s overall financial performance. An advisor/mentor on accounting/finance to plant leadership aiding the decision-making process.
- Support CI initiatives (participation in Kaizens & A3 problem solving events), ensuring projects are defined with clear financial objectives & results are tracked and reported accordingly.
- Team lead with the development of the annual plant business plans rolled up to the Group Controller level.
- Co-manage along with the project manager the capital process & provide guidance/assistance preparing AR’s.
- Proactively researching issues – anticipating opportunities and providing answers & insight to key questions before they are asked.
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes.
- Evaluate plant accounting & internal control systems (review of corporate policies, purchasing authorities, etc. to ensure alignment with SOX).
- Operational reporting & analysis (explanation of scrap, labor & overhead cost)
- Creation of forward-looking financial models and “what if” modeling capabilities…Review/Forecasting the trends, cost/benefit, margin impact (make vs. buy, etc.) enhancing the decision making process.
- Accounting for Plant Research & Development costs.
- Hiring, Training and Retaining competent accounting & finance staff as required.
- Coordinating & supporting Internal & External auditors of plant accounts.
- Ability to work overtime
With the growth of the site and when staff is required, the individual will be responsible for supervising members of the plant finance department.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (Accounting/Finance) from four year college or university; or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a manufacturing environment.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience in manufacturing accounting roles with a focus on cost accounting.
- Experience in manufacturing planning & budgeting roles.
- Solid verbal & written communication, analytical & leadership skills.
- Strong fundamental “know-how” in accounting/finance/business related topics.
- Ability to understand all changes in manufacturing strategy and provide insight & commentary.
- Execution oriented and rigorous in meeting performance commitments.
- Strong manufacturing background in quantitative analyses & ability to solve complex problems.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
CPA or CMA Preferred, PLEX ERP, Baan
Leadership, Team Skills, Global Mindset and Strategic/Systemic Thinking
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and stoop. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Manufacturing environment at a plant – conditions will vary:
Working in the office and walking on the production floor:
1. Hearing protection
2. Safety glasses (side shields if necessary)
3. Safety shoes
Premier Staffing Solution, LLC
AddressValley City, OH
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Premier Staffing Solution, LLC