- Posted: over a month ago
The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including recruitment and hiring; compensation and benefits management; training; leave; enforcing company policies and practices, and managing the employee lifecycle from onboarding thru exit interview.
Duties and Responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Recruitment & Talent Acquisition. Driving the recruitment and hiring effort for all exempt, nonexempt, and temporary employees, including creating and updating job descriptions for all positions; external job postings with job sites, social media, staffing agencies, and state job portals; working with managers to screen and interview candidates; conducting reference checks; and managing the hiring and onboarding process.
• HR Records Management. Maintains the HRIS, confidential personnel files, and HR files; prepares processes, verifies, and maintains documentation and employment records related to events, such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, promotions, training, grievances, and performance evaluations. Provides relevant reporting to FSO and Payroll teams.
• Employee Relations. Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants; answers inquiries from employees and managers regarding policies and procedures, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the HR Manager; and provides policy and procedural information and guidance to managers on performance management, evaluation, and recognition programs, and processes. Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations/exit interviews, and investigations, as needed.
• Eligibility Verifications. Coordination of background checks, drug screening, and employee eligibility verifications (E-Verify); and coordinating with FSO regarding security clearance requirements.
• Compliance. Ensuring compliance with all federal, state, local employment laws and regulations, government-mandated policies (NLRB, ADA, FMLA, FLSA, EEO, etc.), and federal contract requirements and reporting (i.e., FAR, E-Verify, EEO-1, VETS-4212, SCA, VEVRAA, Davis Bacon Act (DBA), Affirmative Action, etc.); as well as recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Benefits Administration. Manage group benefit enrollments and change reporting for health and retirement plans; communicate with benefit vendors as required; answer employee inquiries on benefits; coordination with Payroll team for benefits related payroll adjustments; and administering COBRA, Temporary Disability, and Workers’ Compensation claims.
• Training. Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training and certifications. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, security training, and technical certifications. Coordinate employee training for benefits, programs, or other topics as requested by management team
• Subject Matter Expertise. Maintaining knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; and applying this knowledge to improve existing processes.
• Planning & Development. Assist HR Manager with providing HR input to Business Development team for proposals; reviewing and updating policies and procedures as necessary; identification, development and execution of corporate objectives; implementing employee development initiatives and programs; and annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, and evaluation of HR tools / software programs to ensure that tools are being used to create value across the organization.
• Perform other related duties, as requested or assigned.
Minimum Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
• Minimum of 3-5 years in HR generalist role
• SHRM-CP or HRCI PHR preferred
Minimum Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
• Extensive knowledge and proficiency with Adobe applications (Acrobat Pro) and Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
• Ability to communicate professionally, concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to learn quickly, problem solve, and take charge confidently.
• Ability to work with different personalities and professional styles and the ability to interact with people professionally on the phone, electronically, and in person.
• Team oriented, quick self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team to meet established project goals, plus the flexibility and willingness to learn and take the initiative on a variety of tasks and projects
• Must be able to effectively organize, execute, and follow-up on projects; manage workload; complete tasks in adherence with established timelines; and communicate effectively without direct supervision
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities
• Previous experience working in a government contracting environment is a plus
• Proven ability to support HR efforts during a time of strong growth for the company
About Premier Solutions HI, LLC
Premier Solutions HI, LLC (PSHI) is a minority woman-owned technology services company headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii. PSHI specializes in providing support services to several organizations and government agencies in the areas of information technology (IT) and network management; software development, web and other content management; document management, business process improvement; and content digitization; program management; and administrative and professional support services.
PSHI is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and staff in accordance with sound employee relations practices and federal and state laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, pregnancy status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Premier Solutions Hi, LLC
AddressVirginia Beach, VA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?