Sandpiper Community, Mt. Pleasant:
Premier Senior Living:
$12.00 - $16.00 Starting Pay:
Provides direct patient care and assistance with ADLs in accordance with plan of care. Must be able to communicate with all residents, staff and visitors.
High School Diploma or Equivalent with certification from State of employment.
Certified Nursing Assistant with experience in long-term care preferred.
Demonstrated ability to perform basic patient care functions; knowledge of safety and infection control principles, basic medical terminology and basic computer data entry skills. Demonstrated skills in CPR techniques.
DUTIES OF POSITION:
* Customer Service - demonstrates the 10 standards of customer service and organizational values
* Present a professional image: Exhibits a manner that is cordial and respectful. Conservative, appropriate dress, and good personal hygiene.
* Communicate effectively: Timely, attentive, respectful, and clear communication whether verbal, written or body language. Displays control and calmness in all situations.
* Maintain privacy and confidentiality: Respecting others' rights, shares only what others need to know and in only appropriate places, not in public areas or near others without a need to know.
* Anticipate needs, demonstrate initiative, and strive to exceed expectations: Empathize with those who are in need. Seek ways to be helpful to residents, visitors, and the Premier community. Provide superior service by focusing on our customers.
* Be an ambassador for your organization: Be positive and caring as a representative of the Company.
* Be a team player: Support your fellow employees; share your time and talents; be respectful and helpful. Welcome the new member of the department/ unit.
* Know the organization: Seek information; share it with others; always be a resource. Know who is responsible for each area of the Company with whom interaction is needed.
* Assume responsibility for cleanliness: Observe all rules regarding eating. Leave all areas clean and neat. Promote safety.
* Take ownership of complaints: Listen with genuine sincerity, apologize, resolve or report complaint to someone who can resolve the complaint.
* Celebrate Success: Acknowledge your own as well as others' successes. Be proud!! Participate in departmental or organizational activities.
Mission and Values:
* Mission and Values -
* Shows compassion for others and commitment to helping those who needs assistance.
* Follows compliance program, is sensitive to ethical and compliance issues and appropriately addresses such issues.
Quality of Work:
* Quality of Work - takes ownership for work and improves work processes and results
* Uses integrity, good judgment and problem solving skills in making decisions.
* Produces high quality documentation as evidence by the following:
* Assist in direct patient care according to the needs of the individual resident per the plan of care.
* Provide personal hygiene care for assigned group of residents according plan of care.
* Provide basic nursing functions for assigned group of residents (vital signs, weights, specimen collection, etc.)
* Assist with nutritional and dietary needs of residents according to plan of care.
* Assist with admissions, transfers, discharges and expirations.
* Report significant changes to Resident Care Coordinator and/or Executive Director.
* Respond to residents' requests promptly.
* Report to person in charge when leaving work area (for breaks, errands, personal needs, etc.).
* Perform all other duties as assigned by Management.
* Takes steps necessary to produce excellent work in any task or job that is assigned.