Mechanical Reliability Engineer (Manufacturing)
Premier Search Associates State College, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The successful Mechanical Reliability Engineering candidate must be capable of providing the necessary mechanical reliability engineering support to accomplish the facility's objectives in the safest, economical, and technically feasible manner. The Reliability Engineer's specific responsibilities include:
- Provide engineering services to optimize equipment life and plant profitability. Expected to interact with all plant personnel to identify, develop, and manage improvement projects.
- Manage both fixed and rotating mechanical equipment and processes. Interpret and evaluate reports such as: inspection, vibration analysis, process data, etc. to determine equipment effectiveness and/or recommend and design improved systems or equipment.
- Design and implement predictive & preventive maintenance systems and guide others through utilization.
- Provide support and evaluations to assist in the appropriate prioritization of maintenance work orders. Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, or repair to ensure that machines or equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Provide maintenance organization with economic impacts of maintenance activities to assist in planning and staffing.
- Ensure all maintenance activities required for tests or unit performance monitoring are identified in a timely manner and scheduled accordingly to avoid test delays, disruption of the maintenance schedule, and higher maintenance costs.
- Estimate costs for engineering, construction, and prepare contract documents. Lead turnaround planning and assist with implementation.
- Develop and generate periodic utilization reports for processing unit equipment.
- Assist in spare parts review for ensuring equipment maintainability and availability.
- Champion the reliability efforts in assigned areas of responsibility by providing technical assistance in resolving equipment design, operation, and maintenance problems. Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions. Conduct life cycle cost analysis on new and critical equipment.
- Coordinate Root Cause Analysis (RCA) processes and track the implementation of recommendations through resolution. Utilize reliability tools such as failure calculations, failure evaluations, and cost and risk analysis to evaluate and prioritize reliability issues. Identify and maintain an active top ten high-impact-facility equipment list.
- Participate in audits to measure the effectiveness of reliability-related activities such as equipment repairs, part quality, and failure investigation processes.
- Assist Operations and Maintenance Departments in developing procedures, training, and processes to ensure equipment is operated within its design parameters.
- Recommend projects and/or studies to Engineering to support overall plant reliability. Develop cost justification for reliability improvement. Review equipment specifications and standards and develop recommendations for reliability improvement.
- Train on new technologies and methods for maintaining equipment to increase reliability.
- Continue to improve the reliability tools and methods utilized in increasing plant reliability.
- Identify actual operating variable ranges for each piece of equipment and compare to design and communicate to maintenance and operations groups.
- Identify the process and economic impacts associated with equipment failures and operating reliability.
- Provide support to identify unit-specific equipment and areas of potentially high susceptibility to corrosion or erosion effects.
- Participate as requested in the incident investigation including equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
- Review and update PSI (process safety information) data (vessel inventories, process description, and safe operating limits with consequences of deviation).
- Familiarity with best practices in online equipment health monitoring as well as inspection and repair techniques. Effective diagnostic methods on troubleshooting equipment.
- Possess working knowledge of API 510, API 570, API 653, and ISO 9000.
- Serve as a project engineer responsible for scope, schedule, and cost on small to medium-sized mechanical projects.
The successful candidate must possess minimum requirements:
- B.S. in Engineering, mechanical or chemical engineer preferred.
- Four (4) years of experience, preferably in a refining, chemicals, or similar industry with exposure and responsibilities in the maintenance, reliability, and inspection areas, including fixed and rotating equipment, and vibration analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and prioritize tasks with minimal direction or oversight.
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written, and electronic.
- Understanding of rotating equipment and equipment optimization.
The successful candidate is considered a plus with:
- Background in non-destructive evaluation (NDE).
- Experience in risk-based assessment, fit for duty and end-of-life assessments.
- Root Cause Analysis training.
- Working knowledge of functions and design/operation of plant rotating equipment, process and products; methods development and procedures; maintenance repairs of rotating equipment.
- Background in performing root cause failure analyses, developing corrective action plans and tracking all rotating equipment KPI (Key Performance Indicator)
A multi-billion dollar company is in transition to take off with explosive growth. Top benefits, top relo, and 401K program. 3 weeks vacation to start! This plant is state of the art with not only production but a world-class lab and pilot plant! In a relaxed beautiful part of central PA. Fantastic cost of living with tons of outdoor activity from hunting to hiking!
Premier Search AssociatesWhy Work Here?
International powerhouse with year after year of explosive growth.
AddressState College, PA