Like our name states, Premier Power Maintenance is the “premier” organization in the market to provide exceptional service and value to our customers in six primary areas: Third-party electrical testing (Acceptance & Maintenance), Commissioning, Electrical Engineering, Safety Training, Specialty Installation, and Repair. Our goal is to assist our customers in achieving a safe and reliable power system. People are our biggest asset. We pride ourselves on having some of the most highly skilled and qualified field and engineering personnel in the industry, and our safety record is second to none. We have a commitment to keeping all team members safe by adhering to intense safety programs and having industry and location/equipment specific training as well. Our customers know, that they can call Premier Power Maintenance day or night, and we’ll respond with safe, reliable solutions that provide outstanding value with attention to detail at every level. Customer service and integrity at all levels is what Premier Power Maintenance has built its reputation on, and that commitment will not waiver.
Reports To: Vice President of Field Operations
Job Summary: This position is responsible for the collaboration, management and direction of the in-house engineering team. This role will implement company initiatives both personally and through subordinates to help with the strategic direction and future growth of the division and organization.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· This position will be accountable for all Engineering Division assignments, all company technical report writing and field technician support within the company
· Provide strategic leadership, direction, coaching and mentor ship to the engineering team
· Manage, mentor and provide goals for each direct report
· Assist with development and manage the departments profit & loss
· Provide engineering support for power system load studies, protective device coordination, arc flash analysis, electrical system design and NERC compliance
· Promote new business by effectively communicating Premier’s capabilities and ensuring all customers recognize these capabilities. Conduct job walks, sales calls and generate proposals when needed for customers
· Oversee detailed customer contractual review to manage risks in scope, terms and conditions
· The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list; other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned
Skills and Abilities:
· Strong organizational, communication and problem-solving skills
· Ability to multitask, prioritize and work well under pressure to meet goals and deadlines
· Ability to work independently while utilizing excellent judgement
· Ability to effectively respond to customer needs and concerns
· Ability to work on a computer and have a strong skillset in Microsoft Office Suite, email, internet, data entry and other essential software programs as they are introduced such as business management software, PowerDB, SKM, and AutoCAD
· Communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, with customers, peers, management and owners
· Thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components used in power distribution systems
· Knowledge of specialized equipment and diagnostic test techniques for commissioning, maintaining, servicing and testing electrical distribution equipment preferred but not required
· Analyze situations and adopt effective courses of action
Education and experience:
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering Technology with 10 years of experience and a licensed Professional Engineer is preferred. Candidates that are working towards or plan to work towards a Professional Engineering license may be considered.
· NETA certification or military experience is a plus, but not required
Benefits: Premier Power Maintenance firmly believes that each team member is part of our family. Therefore, Premier Power Maintenance offers an exceptional benefits package, including:
· 100% of premiums paid by employer for team member short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
· 100% of medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums for the team member and 50% of the premiums for dependent coverage
· Generous paid time off policy and 8 paid holidays per year.
· Performance bonuses
· 401k matching and discretionary profit-sharing plan
· Company vehicle or stipend for personal vehicle