The After Hours Operations Supervisor (3 pm - Midnight) leads the Operations Representative team in the Oklahoma City branch of the North American Surface Transportation division. You will provide critical tactical direction to promote customer service, optimal productivity and operational excellence. You will also drive efficiency across personnel, processes and technology. You will manage a team of Operations Representatives, so your ability to communicate effectively, build team culture and morale and develop talent will be highly valued.
Note: This leadership position is expected to be in the office Mon-Fri 3-12 midnight. Some flexibility is needed which could include weekends.
- Identify, communicate, and drive implementation of process improvements. Provide leadership to the department and support continuous improvement efforts.
- Prioritize and delegate projects and tasks. Develop procedures and training to ensure projects are completed successfully.
- Coordinate and audit VTO = Voluntary Time Off for maximum efficiency.
- Sometimes offer VTO - who wants to leave 2 hours early.
- If need 10 to cover, allow up to 5 volunteer to leave.
Compliance and Policy Adherence
- Work with Senior Leadership and Human Resources to ensure workforce compliance with corporate policy, the NAST
- Operations Services Policy, and office SOPs.
- Ensure that all assigned trackers and reports are kept up-to-date and accurate.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure that all issues submitted to the Operations inbox are handled within 24 hours.
- Foster a work environment of exceptional customer service that exhibits company values for people, performance, and ethics.
- Ensure that all offices' questions, concerns, and requests are responded to within one hour.
- Assist Shipment Information Specialists and Operations Representatives with job related questions and escalated calls.
- Assist with inbound calls as needed and perform operations tasks a minimum of 2 hours each day.
- Ensure all actions related to employees and conduct of the business are completed and documented correctly.
- Conduct documented side-by-side meetings with each supervisor a minimum of once per month.
- Ensure that each of the Leads on Duty have been coached at least weekly by a supervisor.
- Spend time each day building rapport and open two-way communication with your team.
- Work with other departments to recognize and resolve employee and operational issues with staffing, training, quality, and other concerns.
- Ensure all complaints from offices are tracked in the Office Complaint Tracker and all employees who mad ethe errors are coached
- Attend two calibrations meeting per month
- Prepare and conduct employee performance reviews quarterly
Minimum 1 year operation management experience
- Bachelors's Degree
- Call center experience