Premier Performance Products in Rexburg, ID is looking for its next purchasing enthusiast to join our team as a Senior Purchasing Associate. This position is NOT eligible for REMOTE work if you don't live within a 1 hour commute of Rexburg, ID, Idaho Falls, ID or Salt Lake City, UT.
The Senior Purchasing Associate uses previous sales orders and current stock at warehouses to determine what items need to be ordered. Compiles information and records to draw up purchase orders for procurement of needed stock. Processes items for return to manufactures as needed. Works with internal and external customers to answer questions or determine quality availability, if drop shipping is available, and other product availability questions. Ensures that information is updated in the system. Position works under general direction and supervision of the Director of Purchasing.
Where you’ll spend your time:
- Use computers to organize and locate inventory, operate ERP accounting software, and word processing software
- Negotiate prices, discount terms and transportation arrangements for merchandise
- Confer with sales, warehouse personnel, manager, and others to obtain information about customer needs and preferences
- Examine, select, order, and purchase at the most favorable price merchandise consistent with quality, quantity, specification requirements and other factors
- Monitor and analyze sales records, trends, stock in warehouse or economic conditions to anticipate consumer buying patterns and determine what the company will sell and how much inventory is needed
- Create PO for payment of goods
- Analyze sales trends at item level and determine if product should be kept in stock
- Determine which warehouse products should be sent to
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems
- Maintain knowledge of all organizational and governmental rules affecting purchases, and provide information about these rules to organization staff members and to vendors
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 5+ years related experience or a combination of 5-7 years’ work-related education and experience
- Associates Degree in related field and 3+ years related work experience preferred
- Strong critical thinking skills, time management, and negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Process-oriented with excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency using MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, instant messaging, and internet navigation
- Experience with MAS 500, Net Suite, or another ERP software preferred
- Competencies below are typical company competencies, but can be higher or lower based on position:
- Achievement Oriented – focusing your efforts on achieving high quality results
- Passion for Teamwork - Work with others to help them achieve their personal and the organizational goals. You celebrate your wins with others, celebrate others wins and success, and realize when the company falls short, you fall short and look for ways to succeed
- Exemplify Integrity - treating others fairly, honestly, and respectfully; furthering the integrity of the organization and its relationships of trust within your own teams, customers, and the broader community; maintains ethical principles even in the most challenging circumstances
- Must be able to adhere to attendance policies and attendance requirements.
- A team of automotive enthusiasts who have a drive for customer service and sales, as well as leadership who have a passion for the off-road industry, are driven, successful, and willing to help mentor and teach those who have the same passion
- Full time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, accident plans, 2 weeks of PTO your first year, paid holidays. and more...
- All employees are eligible for company provided Life insurance, Employee Assistance Program, discounts on products, and more…
- 401(k) with a company match after 90 days with "immediate" vesting.
Aftermarket Performance Group (APG) is a fast-growing leader in the automotive aftermarket industry. The company is made up of multiple divisions focused on the wholesale distributor and direct-to-consumer segments within diesel performance (Premier Performance Products), jeep and off-road (Northridge4x4), compact performance (RallySport Direct, JB Autosports, and GrimmSpeed), and gas segment (Stage 3 Motorsports).
Premier Performance Products
Why Work Here?Aftermarket Performance Group (APG) is a fast-growing leader in the automotive aftermarket industry. The company is made up of multiple divisions focused on the wholesale distributor and direct-to-consumer segments within diesel performance (Premier Performance Products), jeep and off-road (Northridge4x4), compact performance (RallySport Direct, JB Autosports, and GrimmSpeed), and gas segment (Stage 3 Motorsports).
Great benefits, Paid Time Off, and Promotion Opportunities!