We are not just a box company. Premier Packaging is a fast growing, forward thinking provider for all packaging needs. From corrugated, warehouse solutions, design & engineering to packaging supplies.
We are currently looking for a strong Industrial Purchasing Agent to help support our purchasing team. This position reports to the Operations Manager. This position coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services, such as packaging products for resale, raw materials, equipment, tools, parts and company supplies. Communicate verbally & electronically with vendors to obtain product information such as price, availability, and delivery. Industrial product knowledge and proficiency in the sourcing process as it relates to industrial inventory items is required. Study and evaluate pricing model within the Industrial Purchasing Department to insure price increases/decreases are absorbed and that proper margins are realized. A high degree of professional integrity, ethics and confidentiality is required at all times.
- Effective decision making and negotiating skills, knowledge of financial and accounting principles and an understanding of the market and economy to support procurement efforts.
- Track Purchase Orders prior to their due date, proactively trace delinquent deliveries and work closely with the Receiving Department.
- Confirm and receive drop shipments.
- Execute weekly Warehouse Inventory Accuracy Audits.
- Manage aged and old inventory levels in tandem with the Purchasing & Warehouse Managers.
- Evaluate re-order reports and order acknowledgments to prepare purchase orders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work with Accounting Department to establish new vendor accounts, credit, and terms.
- Ability to address defective or recalled goods with quality control personnel, customers, sales representatives, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Field frequent inquiries from Customer Service, Sales and Vendors regarding the industrial product.
- May approve invoices for payment, expedite delivery of goods to users and arrange for transportation and/or storage of purchased products.
- Assist with the standardization of industrial units of measure.
- Assist with the annual maintenance and updates to the Industrial Core Products List.
- Assist as needed with the execution of vendor price increases in a timely manner.
- Thorough working knowledge of purchasing policies, processes and procedures.
- Complete knowledge of warehousing program and inventory control policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in typing and the use of MS Office - specifically Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strive to improve proficiency in sourcing industrial products.
- Efficient organizational skills for work space and document control
- Must be able to work in a schedule-driven and fast-paced environment. Timing is a critical function.
- Willingness to go the extra mile to meet customers’ needs.
- Generate and submit monthly reports necessary for vendor rebate programs (3M and/or Sealed Air.)
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- Ability to handle repetitive motion tasks, including sitting and typing for up to eight hours a day at personal computer.
- High School Diploma / GED required. College degree preferred
- Ability to manage work load with various distractions
- Must have a high sense of urgency while managing multiple projects
- Candidate must have a general inquisitiveness and strong desire to learn
- High problem solving aptitude
- Strong organizational and project management skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, excellent customer relation skills, and well-developed presentation skills.
Here at Premier, we offer a competitive wage, complete benefits package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays, as well as a company sponsored 401K retirement plan. So needless to say, Premier has you covered!
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- Premier Packaging will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)