Front Desk Receptionist - Physical Therapy
Premier Orthopaedics Exton, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Front Desk Representative
Division: Ancillary Division
Reports To: Regional Manager, Site Manager, Front Desk Supervisor
Direct Reports: Site Manager
Location(s): Physical Therapy – East Norriton Location
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Schedule: Full Time (40 hours/week) M-F
The Front Desk Representative is responsible for providing outstanding customer service in greeting patients and checking them in for appointments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Greets patients in a pleasant and positive manner in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries. Take and forward messages as appropriate.
2. Accurately and quickly processes patient requests.
3. Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient’s arrival.
4. Answer patients’ questions in a comprehensive and helpful manner.
5. Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording and updating personal and financial information; collect information or distribute patient forms including HIPAA, Records Release, Demographics, Meaningful Use and Medical Intake.
6. Arrive patient in Medical Record system. Ensure forms completion for Physician and prepare paperwork for Medical Assistant.
7. Collect patient balances and copays. Update Demographic and Financial information as needed.
8. Check patients out; check in the Practice Management System for next appointment for that patient and determine if it should be kept, cancelled or altered. If appointment needs to be scheduled choose correct slot and fill out appointment card for patient.
9. Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information; maintain patient confidentiality consistent with HIPAA requirements.
10. Schedule new and follow up patients as necessary using correct visit types and slots. Collect all insurance information to schedule properly.
11. Check patient balances and inform those with patient balance to pay at time of visit.
12. Patients are reminded of each visit in advance and are informed regarding balances and need for referrals
13. Requests for records are recorded and checked against HIPAA requirements and patient records release authorizations before providing to any person other than patient who has been verified.
14. Maintains the reception area so that it is neat, orderly, and safe for patients and visitors.
15. Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
16. Regular and timely attendance according to the assigned work schedule.
17. Other duties as assigned.
- 1+ year of front desk/reception experience required; experience in a physician or healthcare setting highly preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Exceptional customer facing verbal communication skills with a proven ability to interact effectively with a variety of external and internal constituents.
- Must be responsive and demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail in work.
- Computer Proficiency; experience with Allscripts or another Electronic Medical Record highly preferred.
· Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; office environment with moderate noise and temperature level
· Occasionally stressful environment
· Need to handle occasional emergencies, unpredictable situations and unscheduled absentees.
· Exposure to unpleasant individuals or situations (patients, injuries, illness.)
· Regular work interruptions
· Talking; communicate by spoken word
· Hearing; perceiving sound by the ear
· Sitting; sedentary position
· Seeing; close visual acuity to view computer monitor, data in reports, etc.
· Fingering; using fingers to type
· Sedentary effort; able to push, pull and lift (up to 10 lbs.)
· Repetitive motion; typing
ABOUT PREMIER ORTHOPAEDICS
Equal Employment Opportunity
Premier Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine Associates (Premier) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Premier provides equal employment to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Premier also complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The company will determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
Premier OrthopaedicsWhy Work Here?
Competitive salary, pleasant working environment
Equal Employment Opportunity Premier Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine Associates (Premier) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Premier provides equal employment to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Premier also complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Americans with Disabilities Act Applicants, as well as employees who are or have become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The company will determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
TourismView all jobs at Premier Orthopaedics