Warehouse Team Leads
Premier Needle Arts Columbus, OH
- Expired: May 20, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who are we
For thirty years Crafts Group (formerly Crafts Americana) has been making crafts accessible to everyone through quality products and engaging content. Today, Crafts Group is home to four thriving brands that serve quilters, knitters, crocheters, and sewists through print catalogs and content-rich e-commerce sites. Our core mission (and passion) is to inspire and enable people to create beautiful things.
The handmade movement is growing worldwide and becoming increasingly relevant to the values our society holds dear. Here in the US, were leading this growth. We source the best quality yarns, fabrics, threads, and other supplies so that crafters can do what they do best: create. We give crafters the tools they need to support their handmade lifestyle.
Crafts Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a company that represents the craft communities we serve. We welcome employees of all backgrounds and perspectives, and we are committed to providing an inclusive working environment.
Are you looking to step up your Leadership skills and gain experience managing a team? Crafts Group (formerly Crafts Americana) has immediate openings for Team Leads. As our Warehouse Team Leader you will lead an assigned team of 6-10 team members through the daily activities in the warehouse to ensure smooth operations and efficient completion of projects.
As a Lead, you will:
* Work collaboratively and with a spirit of cooperation with all departments and teams
* Work side-by-side with the team, ensuring workflow is smooth and uninterrupted
* Find solutions to routine production issues
* Track individual daily productivity and give suggestions for improving group performance
* Trouble shoot and work with Customer Service to resolve problem orders
* Lead by example
* Champion a safe workplace
* Assist other work teams during times of high demand
Additional responsibilities and requirements of the Receiving Lead include but are not limited to:
* Ensures that the necessary equipment is available and in working order to complete assignments.
* Leads team in safety.
* Inspects quality and quantity of supplies and equipment delivered to the team.
* Keeps team members informed about rules, regulations, policies, and objectives.
* Maintains detailed and accurate work records.
* Collaborates with the team to identify ways to improve department effectiveness; implements viable ideas.
* Resolves conflicts that arise among team members and/or other employees.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Strong management and interpersonal skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to motivate team to accomplish objectives.
* Ability to solve conflicts among coworkers.
* Ability to remain organized.
* Ability to remain calm and courteous in all work environments
* Basic understanding of records, inventories, and other routine documentation used in the warehouse.
* Thorough understanding of warehouse procedures and regulations.
Education and Experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates degree preferred.
* At least two years of related work experience required.
* Physical strength, stamina and the ability to walk or stand for long periods of time.
* Heavy work requiring exertion of up to 60 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Lift and carry 10 to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 10 pounds frequently.
We offer a generous benefit package, including:
Multiple medical and dental plan options after 30 days (with company contributions to the premium costs)
Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
Vision and other voluntary life and income replacement plans
Company-paid Life and Disability benefits
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
Generous paid time off benefits
Employee discounts at all Premier Needle Arts companies!
Premier Needle Arts
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Premier Needle Arts