Pharmacy Tech II - Compounding
Premier Infusion Care - P Torrance, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Description Of Responsibilities
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for assisting the Pharmacist with filling orders received by the pharmacy.
Pharmacy Technician Supervisor
Scope of Supervision
Responsibilities Include The Following:
- Report any misconduct, suspicious or unethical activities to the Compliance Officer.
- Represent the pharmacy in a professional and courteous manner.
- Compound, dispense and package medications under the direction of the on-duty pharmacist such as:
- Preparing cleanroom for daily activity
- Clean and Check equipment
- Monitoring Stock in and out of cleanroom
- Ability to operate cleanroom equipment
- Ability to compound any and all drugs
- Monitoring cleanroom and Refrigerators temperature
- Help monitoring Stock in the Warehouse
- Dispose of drugs properly
- Assess pharmacy technician competency for pharmacy technician I
- Provide guidance and support for pharmacy technician I
- Train new pharmacy technician
- Work independently but under pharmacist’s supervisor after hours and during weekends/holidays as needed
- Ensure compliance with all licensure and federal, state, and local laws and regulations; observe the pharmacy’s policies on ‘’best practices’’.
- Report product incidents as required in accordance with pharmacy policy.
- Participate in surveys conducted by authorized inspection agencies.
- Participate in the pharmacy’s Performance Improvement program as requested by the Performance Improvement Coordinator.
- Participate in pharmacy committees when requested.
- Participate in in-service education programs provided by the pharmacy.
- Pursue continuing education programs appropriate to job responsibilities and certification requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The following functions require the professional judgment of a pharmacist and may not be performed by a pharmacy technician:
- Acceptance of verbal prescriptions.
- Certification of filled prescriptions.
- Entry of orders into the computer system without verification by pharmacist.
- Organizational skills sufficient to maintain consistently accurate records.
- Ability to evaluate options and to make efficient decisions.
- Licensed as a Pharmacy Technician in California.
- Current knowledge of all applicable state and federal pharmacy laws, rules and regulations.
- Computer skills that include proficiency with spreadsheets and use of the internet, as well as word processing, and efficient use of the internet and e-mail.
- Ability to use good judgment and work with minimal direction
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to express technical issues in “layman” terms
- Possess and exercise advanced level of accuracy
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have a High School diploma or Graduation Equivalent Diploma (G.E.D.)
- Minimum of 3 years hospital or home infusion pharmacy experience