We are currently seeking a Behavioral Health Technician to join our detox/RTC healthcare team! We are a substance abuse treatment center in Orange County providing detox services and residential treatment support for addicts in recovery. This position will provide care to detox and residential clients in a caring, safe, and efficient manner. This position is responsible for performing tasks according to program standards, procedures, and individualized resident care plans.
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
• Complete admission/intake procedures for new clients including paperwork, room assignments, and initial orientation.
• Conduct property searches of clients as required by program standards.
• Assist Case Manager/LVN with operational and administration needs.
• Perform UA screening of client of clients as required, meeting company protocol for implementation and procedure.
• Develop and maintain individualized records of client progress and participation in treatment including admission and discharge.
• Ability to confront behavioral changes, identify crises, and recognize when additional assistance is necessary.
• Recognize personal recovery issues that have an impact on job performance and interactions with clients.
• Fully understand and maintains policies regarding professional ethics, including appropriate boundaries and patient confidentiality.
• Demonstrate respect for cultural and lifestyle diversities of clients and staff.
• Communicate clearly, with clients, staff, peers, and supervisors.
• Ability to write clear and concise statements, summarizing clients’ feelings, expression, resistance, and response to their treatment plan, goals and objectives.
• High school diploma or equivalency
• RADT-1, CPR
• Experience in Detox preferred.