Senior Digital Designer
New York City (remote working during COVID-19)
The Senior UX Designer is primarily responsible for developing creative design solutions from concept to final execution that strategically translate and support the brand strategy in the digital environment. The Senior UX Designer will work on existing digital platform requests as well as on new projects in development, elevating the brand through design with ideas that are sophisticated, elevated, and modern designs that keep the brand on the cutting edge. You will partner closely with the Art Directors to gather content and meet with Creative Director to understand concepts and storytelling.
You must be a highly creative individual but with strong understanding of the digital world, always keeping mobile first, and strong design skills to implement concepts and elevated design systems.
You must be a team player who embodies the companies brand passion, positive attitude and excitement to create digital designs that are disruptive!
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
· Develop digital design content including homepage creative, online campaigns, banner ads, email blasts, motion graphics/animation, typographic treatments, etc.
· Support Global Communications with creative for Facebook, Instagram, other international /specific regional social media platforms, creative for blogger outreach, etc.
· Ensure that brand digital creative remains innovative, artistic, iconic, and stand out vs. competition
· Keep up to date with digital innovation
· Image research
· Support team where / when needed
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
· Work closely with Senior Art Directors to support global digital strategy, calendar launches, department needs, and specific project asks.
· Partner with Global Digital Marketing, US e-com, regional digital teams, Project Management
Qualifications & Competencies:
· Min 5-7+ years of digital agency / design studio experience; beauty, fashion, editorial, digital in-house experience a bonus
· Solid knowledge of Creative Suite (Photoshop, Flash, InDesign, Illustrator, Bridge, After Effects)
· Animation, video, 3D knowledge would be an asset
· Knowledge/understanding of HTML, DHTML, CSS and web optimization
· Experience using website administration/CMS tools preferred
· Knowledge of new and emerging platforms such as designing for Facebook, m-commerce, and ability to contribute to all social media channels
· Able to implement online marketing best practices optimizing designs for click-throughs, sales or other desired actions
· Beauty experience a must; understanding and appreciation of luxury / prestige industry a must
· A deep interest in and understanding of interactive design and associated issues
· Ability to ideate strong concepts and demonstrated ability to implement and execute concepts
· Strong passion for fashion, photography, design, typography; A background in traditional design disciplines: typography, color and layout preferable.
· Superior attention to detail
· The candidate should be highly organized and flexible and able to think and work beyond the brief.
· Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills; ability to collaborate with internal and external teams.
· Passionate, energetic, positive
· Works well under tight deadlines, is flexible, is reactive