Software Asset Manager - Mid-Level DOT Washington DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking an Software Asset Manager with at least 5 years of related experience managing IT hardware and software assets on behalf of Government customers to include, inventory management, asset tracking, asset deployment, software & license management and asset disposal. This is a full- time position located in Washington, DC. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Supports the development of accurate material, software and equipment inventory, process material for disposal in alignment with all defined asset policies and guidelines. Participate in process improvement activities that pertain to asset management processes under the supervision of the Asset Manager Lead. Performs packaging, handling, shipping, and receiving of assets and equipment to ensure the timely delivery and continuity of support for IT operations.
- Enters information into approved inventory systems and provide reports on Software and Hardware items and locations as directed.
- Supports the process of receiving, issuing, packing, shipping and tracking of assets under the direction of the Asset Manager lead.
- Performs asset control, coordination and control of internal and external moves of GFE, verification of invoices and accountability inspections as required and directed by Asset Manager Lead.
- Supports the maintenance and monitoring of Government-Furnished end user software enterprise licenses and maintenance agreements as directed.
- Supports documentation of all received hardware and software assets as directed in asset inventory reports.
- Understanding of ITIL and asset management industry best practices.
- Working knowledge of Asset Management Life Cycle to include: Shipping and Receiving, Inventory Control, License
- Management, and Inventory Decommissioning or Disposal.
- Experience in Remedy Asset Management Software or similar tool.
- Experience conducting physical and software inventories.
- Ability to use Asset Management Program tools such as barcode and RFID hardware and software.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-starter able to work well with others.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets and word processing tools.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Must be able to move/lift boxes of computer equipment not more than 50 pounds.
- International Association of IT Asset Managers (IAITAM) Training or Certification (CHAMP, CSAM, CITAD, CITAM)
- Prior DOT IT environment experience.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree.
- A degree may be substituted with 6 additional years of related experience.
- Must have at least 5 years of related experience managing SOFTWARE IT assets to include, delivery and staging, asset tracking, asset deployment, license management, and asset disposal.
Security Level Requirements
- Able to obtain and maintain a Federal Public Trust clearance
Premier Enterprise Solutions offers full-time employees a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, health insurance, life insurance, military leave, training, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, short- and long-term disability, 401(k) retirement plan with company matches/immediate vesting, commuter benefits, and more.
It is Premier Enterprise Solution's policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
COVID Policy: In accordance with the Federal Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, this position requires that you are fully vaccinated at least 2 weeks before your start date. You will be required to provide proof of vaccination before you begin employment.
Premier Enterprise Solutions
TechnologyView all jobs at Premier Enterprise Solutions