Apply Today, Work Today
EXPRESS PACKAGING is a provider of custom packaging for over twenty-five (25) years providing services to America’s most respected brands in the food, pet food and consumer packaging industries. As a result of growth, EXPRESS PACKAGING has a need for a MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN in our Newcomerstown, OH facility.
- Effectively and efficiently operate all equipment used in the production process.
- Troubleshoots electrical issues.
- Responds to daily maintenance requests in a timely fashion to minimize equipment downtime.
- Provides emergency / unscheduled repairs of production equipment.
- Diagnosis problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments.
- Looks for opportunities to continually improve maintenance processes.
- Works with all plant personnel in a cooperative and professional manner.
- Strictly adheres to all safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Ensures work is performed safely and efficiently.
- Proficient in reading electrical schematics.
- Maintains accurate and timely records of maintenance performed.
- Follow written and verbal instructions and performs other tasks as directed by supervision.
- More responsibilities may be assigned upon hire.
- Prior experience maintaining machinery, experience with packaging equipment preferred.
- Ability to quickly and effectively learn to operate and maintain various types of packaging equipment.
- Proficient in the proper use of power and hand tools.
- Strong electrical troubleshooting ability.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend and follow direction, perform basic math.
- Good time management.
- Must be a team player with enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work well done; self-starter dedicated to continual improvement.
- Physical requirement consists of but not limited to standing, sitting, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, kneeling, reaching overhead, driving a forklift, grasping, moving equipment, pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to work off-shifts.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalency preferred.
- Will start out temp and then be hired on perm by client after agreed upon time frame.
- You will need to undergo and pass a criminal background check and drug screening process.
- Please bring a document or documents that establish identity and employment authorization.
- Benefits include medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and life insurance.
$15.00/hr - $18.00/hr (Based on experience)
5:30am - 4:30pm
New Philadelphia, OH
Call or Visit Us:
301 Enterprise Drive