Premier Developing Services, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Construction Project Manager to join our team in Honolulu, HI.
Who we are:
At Premier Developing Services, Inc. (PDS) we know that our success depends upon our clients success, and our deadlines are the benchmarks by which we are measured as a company. PDS governs projects by establishing specific and measurable intermediate goals and milestones to ensure the successful completion of projects. We have a proven track record of making that happen, even under the most intense deadline pressure.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager for the new building and remodel construction projects. The candidate will be responsible for the overall construction of the projects assigned, including budgets, safety, and schedules.
What you’ll do:
- Develops a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Coordinate and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Manage each phase of the project including entitlement, design, permitting, bidding, contracting, construction, store start up, store turnover, and project close out
- Oversee assigned projects or tasks from start to finish.
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project
- Ensure OSHA compliance and enforces all company safety policies and monitors work habits of subordinates to minimize the frequency/severity of accidents. Supports safety initiatives and safe working conditions.
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
Our ideal candidate:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field is preferred but NOT required.
- 10+ years in construction management.
- Proven working experience in construction management
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of construction management processes, means, and methods
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Capable of efficiently leading and managing a team
- Exceptional leadership skills including coaching, motivating, and empowering team members
- Ability to foster change, spark innovation and implement strategies
- Direct and manage project development and program management from beginning to end
- Ability to communicate clearly/adequately and be client-facing
- Knowledge of construction components, process, and methodologies
- Manage every aspect of the development process including consultants, general contractors, vendors, specialty contractors, budgets, internal departments, and developers
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Manage each phase of the project including entitlement, design, permitting, bidding, contracting, construction, store startup, store turnover, and project closeout
- Cost estimating
- Proposal preparation
- Budget development, forecasting, and management
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems
- Expertise in analysis, critical decision making, and process improvement
- Flexibility to lead in a changing environment
- Capable of managing the ‘big picture’ while paying attention to detail
What we offer:
- 401k with match
- Health and Dental Insurance
The Senior Project Manager and Superintendent positions will be responsible for managing and mentoring multiple Lead Project Managers and Project Managers and in charge of the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of the teams’ projects.
Premier Developing Services IncAt Premier Developing Services, Inc. (PDS) we know that our success depends upon our clients success, and our deadlines are the benchmarks by which we are measured as a company. PDS governs projects by establishing specific and measurable intermediate goals and milestones to ensure the successful completion of projects. We have a proven track record of making that happen, even under the most intense deadline pressure.