Professional, rapid growth orientated, well-established 14-year-old customer service driven DOT Electrical Contractor in the West Columbia, South Carolina area. The company performs work in the Carolina's & Southeastern region of the United States. Your overall expertise and broad-spectrum experience in maintaining and repairing the traffic signal network and street lighting system is needed. The technician must have knowledge of electrical and electronic theory as it pertains to traffic signals and street lighting systems including, but not limited to: computerized traffic control devices, safety practices and principles related to traffic signals and lighting systems, practices and principles of traffic signal and street lighting installation, maintenance, repair and replacement; ability to perform skilled and semi-skilled journeyman level work in the electrical trades, operate equipment used in traffic signal and street lighting installation, maintenance and repair, read and follow electrical plans and specifications, diagnose causes of electrical failure, communicate effectively orally and in writing with diverse customers. The technician will also work at several different construction sites, factories, businesses, roadways, intersections and road/highway shoulders or ramps.
In addition, if you have exceptional leadership, production proficiency and customer service skills and a can-do attitude that enjoys a team environment that prides itself on exceptional customer service and creative problem-solving skills, you may qualify for this position. This position reports directly to the ITS Manager.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Install, repair and maintain traffic signals, traffic controllers or electronic master controllers in the field and in the shop
· Establish and set new signal sequences
· Inspect all new installations
· Diagnose, repair and replace electronic components for traffic signal equipment
· Conduct scheduled preventive maintenance procedures on signals
· Maintain street lighting system including installation, diagnosing malfunction, changing lamps and ballasts, repairing and maintaining wiring and replacing poles of traffic signal and highway lighting systems
· Locate and mark traffic signal and street lighting wiring
· Knowledge of electrical theory and practice, including minor power, lighting, and control circuits; materials, methods and equipment used in the installation, maintenance and repair of electric and electronic control devices
· Safe driving practices
· Installs traffic sign and/or ground mounted post, according to MUTCD regulations and work orders using tools and equipment such as post-hole diggers, jack/hydraulic hammers, and rotary/core drills, or sharpshooter shovels in order to direct the flow of traffic
· Safe work practices as related to working with electrical and electronic components.
· Ability to install, maintain and repair electric or electronic control devices
· Perform minor electrical construction and repair
· Read and interpret electrical or electronic schematic diagrams
· Troubleshoot electrical circuits; maintain simple records; learn installation, maintenance, and repair;
· Respond to emergency signal malfunctions and restore to proper working order
· Support and respect diversity in the workplace as well as, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
· Other duties as assigned
· Valid IMSA Certification Level II
· High school diploma or GED (If you meet the years of experience requirement and do not have a high school diploma or GED, please contact Human Resources at 803-451-5811)
· Three years of experience in traffic signal and lighting systems maintenance, repair and replacement
· An equivalent combination of education and experience enabling the incumbent to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Limited Maintenance Electrician License or Journeyman Electrician's License
· Valid driver's license
· Ability to pass reference check, background check, physical and drug screen
· Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold
· State of South Carolina Journey Level Electrical License
· Valid CDL Class - A License
· 3-5 Years experience with operating a Bucket Truck, Digger Derrick Truck & 5-Speed Manual Vehicle
Our company is an equal opportunity employer with a drug free work place. In addition to a fun, fair and honest environment, we offer very competitive compensation package, flexible work schedule and the opportunity to become an integral part of the continued growth of our organization. If you consider yourself capable of the requirements of this position, please send your resume along with salary requirements to: HR Manager at email@example.com.