Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People's Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers' lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we're creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a Sr. HR Business Partner - Operations , you will develop and drive plans to help the business execute their goals and people strategies. You will be a self-starter and will be the primary point of contact for leaders in the Operations division. You will advise leaders, solve complex organizational challenges through people-related solutions and partner closely across the HR organization to deliver and communicate HR programs. You will help improve our customers' lives by making their healthcare work better!
What you'll do
- Build a strong consultative relationship with Operations leadership. Act as key HR point of contact, trusted advisor, and sounding board for business unit leaders.
- Be a visible HR leader, being physically present in the Mountlake Terrace and Bothell locations as well as being resident in Spokane.
- Develop and drive plans to help the business execute their goals and people strategies.
- Coach leaders on matters including performance management, organizational design, talent planning, and change management.
- Influence employee engagement through implementation of programs and initiatives.
- Collaborate with and assist in development of an HR Business Partner.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field or four (4) years' relevant work experience.
- Eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in HR including previous HR Business Partner experience working directly with the executive level.
- Proven ability to support a large virtual organization.
- Experience supporting an Operations organization/business a plus.
- Experience leading change efforts.
- Good working knowledge of current HR processes, practices, and expertise in employment laws with proven ability to apply them to support business.
- Demonstrated skills to build positive business relationships.
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time with the first two business weeks being spent in western Washington.
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
Premera is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
If you need an accommodation to apply online for positions at Premera, please contact Premera Human Resources via email at email@example.com or via phone at 425-918-4785.
At Premera, we make healthcare work better. By focusing on improving our customers' experience purposefully and serving their needs passionately, we make the process easier, less costly, and more positive. Through empathy and advocacy, we change lives.
As the leading health plan in the Pacific Northwest, we provide comprehensive health benefits and services to more than 2 million customers, from individuals to Fortune 100 companies. Our services include innovative programs focused on health management, wellness, prevention, and patient safety. We deliver these programs through health, life, vision, dental, disability, and other related products and services.
Premera Blue Cross is headquartered in Mountlake Terrace, WA, with operations in Spokane and Anchorage. The company has operated in Washington since 1933 and in Alaska since 1952. With more than 80 years of experience in the region, we deliver innovation, choice, and expertise.