Preiser Scientific, Inc. Entry Level Outside Sales Representative
Preiser Scientific is an international distributor of scientific instruments, laboratory equipment and supplies as well as a manufacturer of specialty coal and water testing equipment.
- We are looking for an individual with great communication skills, a strong desire to succeed, the ability to develop lasting relationships, and the ability to work well in a team setting.
- Applicants must be a fast learner and have great organizational ability, conduct personal sales calls with current and prospective customers, working closely with inside sales/supervisor.
- Our ideal candidate is an outgoing, focused, and motivated individual with excellent listening skills who can deliver an extraordinary customer experience and who will be responsible for Preiser Scientific’s outside sales activities within their territory.
- Established sales territory includes Northern West Virginia, Southeastern Ohio, Southwestern Pennsylvania. The salesperson is expected to serve as the primary interface with both current and prospective customers utilizing visits, telephone calls and e-mails. Some occasional overnight trips may be required to fully cover assigned sales territory.
- Must have a college degree in chemistry, biology, or related science. Or equivalent three years work experience in an industrial, research or commercial laboratory.
- Literate in Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. Health and Fringe benefit program. Salary open depending on background and experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Make personal sales calls at customer sites on a routine basis
- Seek out prospective customers and new opportunities with new and existing customers
- Establish and maintain customer relationships
- Become and stay current on Preiser Scientific’s product line and services offered
- Ability to carry on a business conversation with customers on scientific equipment
- Introduce and demonstrate new and existing products to appropriate customers
- Follow up on quotations, requests, issues, returns, other items to ensure customer satisfaction
- Install and instruct customer on use of products purchased if required.
- Document activities on weekly expense and sales report forms in a weekly manner
- Cooperate with appropriate vendors during mutual sales calls at customer locations
- Display an ethical and professional manner at all times
- Commit to daily contact with inside sales to keep them informed of work schedule
- Attend sales training, seminars, conferences and internal meetings, as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned