Full-Time / 2nd Shift / M-F
The Yard Jockey is responsible for the movement and management of trucks within the distribution facility.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Properly assists drivers; checks loads
- Correctly confirms safe operational condition of vehicles and/or equipment before and after use
- Ensures vehicles and/or equipment are fueled
- Conducts yard inventory, equipment and seal inspections
- Works with dispatch and warehouse staff regarding communicating, sequencing and movement coordination
- Safely operates material handling equipment to load or unload materials and ensure proper closure of the trailer as necessary
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment
- Regular and consistent attendance and punctuality are job requirements
- Regular and consistent attendance and punctuality are a job requirements
- Ability to get along with others and non-violence is a job requirement to consistently promote a positive team environment
- Assist other employees in the performance of their assigned duties when necessary
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Six months related experience required
- Valid driver’s license required, Class A Commercial Driver’s License may be required
- Current DOT Medical card may be required
- May require material handling certification
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- May be required to lift, carry, push, and pull items weighing up to 70 pounds.
- A full range of body motion is required on the job to include frequent sitting, bending, stooping, crouching, lifting carrying, grasping, pinching, feeling, walking standing, climbing, driving, pushing/pulling, handling, balancing reaching on all planes.
- Maybe be required to wear protective hard hat, reflective clothing, ear wear, eye wear, gloves, footwear or other required protective attire.