Your New Adventure:
Are you a Special Education Teacher passionate about working with children and inspired by making a difference? Do you enjoy building therapy into play and working with a collaborative team of therapists, special educators as well as with family members? Then consider a career with Preferred Healthcare Staffing!
Preferred Healthcare Staffing is one of the top-ranked staffing firms in the nation and a leading provider of children's therapy services. We are currently seeking a Special Education Teacher to join a dynamic team of professionals in a school district located in the beautiful Colusa, CA area. The district is looking for a gifted Special Education Teacher to join their dynamic team for the 2019-2020 school year, with the possibility of contract renewal the following year.
Being hired as a Preferred Healthcare Staffing Special Education Teacher means you are best in class, enthusiastic and professional. Our Special Education Teacher ’s take pride in helping their students improve daily living and working activities and show up every day knowing they’re needed.
For more information about this position apply today!
- Current State special education certification
- Current CPR/BLS Certification preferred
- 1 year of full-time teaching experience within the last 5 years
- Collaborate with other classroom teachers, school psychologists, learning disabilities specialists, speech/hearing specialists, and school social workers to provide an integrated plan for developing the capacities of their students.
- Set learning goals for each student, assess their progress, and record their evaluations.
- Update parents on the progress of their students and enlist parental support with behavior control and home activities designed to supplement their classroom lessons.
- Supervise and train teaching assistants.
- Help plan for the transition of their students to productive lives after the completion of their secondary education.
About Preferred: We believe that people are at the heart of what we do. When you are in a field that focuses on providing care to children, the quality and compassion of the people providing that care is of utmost importance. That's why we are proud to have a nationwide network of amazing school-based therapists providing the best care available. As our Preferred Family Circle grows, so does our satisfaction in knowing that we are making a difference in children’s lives across the nation.
What We Offer:
- Signing Bonus Up to $3,000
- Paid Holidays
- School Breaks
- Weekly Pay by Direct Deposit
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k) with Matching
- Housing, Meals and Incidentals Allowance for Travelers
- Relocation Assistance
- License Reimbursement
- Professional Liability/ Malpractice coverage
- Competitive Pay Package
- Retirement Planning and Savings Options
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Ability to make an impact in the communities we serve
Preferred Healthcare Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law