We're a Good Family to Know:
Preferred Family Healthcare (PFH) is a community-based healthcare organization that offers a full array of integrated services, serving more than 100,000 individuals each year in nearly 100 locations throughout Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas and Illinois.
Our greatest reward has been the opportunity to serve families and communities in need for the past 40 years. At PFH, our future is brighter than ever! With changes in leadership, focused priorities and strong core values, PFH remains a “Good Family to Know!”
Your role at PFH:
As a Community Support Specialist, you are responsible for assisting clients/patients to access needed resources in the community and provide community support services for individuals with mental health and/or substance use disorders. You will:
- Provide a holistic, person-centered care with emphasis on personal strengths, skill acquisition and harm reduction, while using stage-wise and motivational approaches that promote active participation by the individual in decision making and self-advocacy in all aspects of services and recovery/resiliency.
- Use interventions, based on individual strengths and needs, to develop interpersonal/social, family, community and independent living functional skills including adaptation to home, school, family and work environments when the natural acquisition of those skills is negatively impacted by the individual's mental health and /or substance use disorder.
- Facilitate and support recovery/resiliency through activities including: defining recovery/resiliency concepts in order to develop and attain recovery/resiliency goals; identifying needs, strengths, skills, resources and supports and teaching how to use them; and identifying barriers to recovery/resiliency and finding ways to overcome them.
- Provide information and education in order to learn about and manage mental illness/serious emotional disturbance and/or substance use disorders including symptoms, triggers, cravings and use of medications.
We think you'd be great for this role if you have:
- A mental health professional as defined in 9 CSR 10 – 7.140 (2) (QQ) (Missouri);
- An individual with a bachelor's degree in a human services field, which includes social work, psychology, nursing, education, criminal justice, recreational therapy, human development and family studies, counseling, child development, gerontology, sociology, human services, behavioral science and rehabilitation counseling;
- An individual with any four year degree and two years of qualifying experience;
- Any four year combination of higher education and qualifying experience, or
- An individual with four years of qualifying experience.
Qualifying experience including delivery of services to individuals with mental health disorders, substance use disorders or developmental disabilities. Experience must include some combination of the following:
- Providing one-on-one or group services with a rehabilitation/habilitation and recovery/resiliency focus;
- Teaching and modeling for individuals how to cope and manage psychiatric, developmental or substance use issues while encouraging the use of natural resources;
- Supporting efforts to find and maintain employment for individuals and/or to function appropriately in families, school and communities;
- Assisted individuals to achieve the goals and objectives on their individualized treatment or person centered plans
You'll love being a part of our family because:
Our associates are our most valuable asset! We understand the role their satisfaction plays in the quality of services they provide. Through encouragement, our associates are empowered to optimize their strengths through ongoing training to ensure they are equipped and feel competent to serve our clients.
Our eligible associates enjoy some of the following PFH Perks:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability plan options
- Competitive 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan – up to 5% match!
- Company paid basic life insurance
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Emergency Medical Leave Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts – healthcare and dependent child-care
- Health & Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discount Program
- Mileage Reimbursement
- License/Certification Reimbursement
Our human resources team wants to let you know what's required:
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (exists up the 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (exists 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Employment is conditional upon the receipt of appropriate background checks. Upon offer of employment, you must grant permission for Preferred Family Healthcare to verify accuracy, legitimacy, and results in regards to the following conditions of employment:
- Background check that includes criminal history and abuse/ neglect.
- Motor vehicle driving record check.
- Education and license/certification verification (if applicable).
- Employment and/or personal reference checks.