Lab Assistant (Hayward, CA)
- Expired: June 01, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Predicine, we believe people are our most important asset so we are dedicated to creating a great place to work. We value a culture of creativity, integrity, responsibility, productivity, and teamwork.
Predicine’s liquid biopsy platform and molecular insight solutions enable biopharma companies to accelerate drug development and expand discovery in oncology. We partner with the top 10 leading global biopharma companies to support biomarker-driven clinical trials in US, EU, APAC including China.
Our best in class lab is looking to hire a team player, able to execute routine lab work, including COVID-19, next generation aequencing (NGS) based cancer genomics workflows for research based clinical samples. Support clinical testing, NGS assay development, lab inventory, reagent QC and instrument maintenance.
- Execute routine lab work including preanalytical sample preparation, plasma isolation and nucleic acide extraction from various specimens (Swabs, Plasma, Serum, Cell line, Blood, FFPE, Fresh tissue, Urine et al).
- Execute daily routine clinical and NGS assay workflows including library prep, target enrichment, sequencing sample loading to illumina sequencers.
- Support sample accession, storage and management.
- Operation and maintenance of instrumentation critical for clinical assays and NGS workflows(Thermocycler, Bioanalyzer, Qubit, Sequencer)
- Perform all wet lab sample QC procedure
- Laboratory data entry, data processing and trouble shooting
- Document assay related batch worksheet.
- Support lab inventory on assay related reagents and consumables.
- Assist in preparing SOPs and reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS with 4 years or MS with 2 years in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or a closely related field preferred
- Solid background in molecular biology or biochemistry, good general laboratory techniques and documentation skills.
- The ability to prioritize and complete tasks and advance projects.
- The ability to interact adaptably with scientists and non-scientists from various disciplines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A willingness to work hard and be creative in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with automation is a plus.
- Collaborative work environment with career opportunities.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
HealthcareView all jobs at Predicine