Precor Whitsett, NC
- Posted: June 03, 2021
Precor Incorporated, a unit of Peloton and headquartered in Greater Seattle, WA, has been a pioneer in delivering fitness experiences for commercial customers and exercisers for more than 40 years. Precor serves more than 100 countries worldwide with offices in the Americas, EMEA, and APAC and operates two U.S.-based manufacturing locations. One in Woodinville, WA and one in Whitsett, NC. Precor products and services span across all major categories, including cardio, strength, functional fitness, group training, and connected solutions. In 2020, Precor reached the milestone of recording one billion workouts in its Preva fitness cloud. That number represents more than 140,000 connected units in over 13,000 facilities. On average, Precor exercisers record more than 20 million minutes of workouts each day as recorded by the Precor digital platform Preva. Precor segments include commercial clubs/facilities and the verticals of Hospitality, Multi-family Housing, Corporate, and Education.
Why You Should Join the Precor Team
- Dynamic, forward thinking company leading the industry in product innovation
- Rewards and recognition for superior performance
- Collaborative environment fostering teamwork and accountability
- Opportunity to work for a company that positively impacts peoples lives
- Exceptional benefits program including profit sharing, generous 401(k) match, and free on-site gym access
- Superior employee discounts on Precor products
About The Role:
The Industrial Engineer is responsible to carry out day-to-day and long term operation of all elements of the Industrial Engineering function. Position involves a high degree of interface with Operations, Industrial Design, Development Engineering, and Quality Control.Incumbent reports to the Industrial Engineer Manager. Organization, follow through, and communication skills are important factors in daily administration of this position. The incumbent will use overall knowledge of Precor's mission and strategies, the mission and strategies of Industrial Engineering, and sound technical judgment to ensure the Industrial Engineering organization satisfactorily fulfills its stated objectives.
You Will Be Responsible For:
The primary purpose of the Industrial Engineering Department is the support of Production Departments through:
- Providing on-going advice, direction and assistance in specialized equipment, line layouts, production process specifications, machine capabilities, etc.
- Support all Plant Engineering requirements needed to support the Manufacturing effort.
- Assisting as required, the smooth transition of new products into the production cycle.
- Assists the Development Engineering Department in the documentation and design of new products.
- Directs and coordinates the design and development of all tooling, and jigs and fixtures necessary for new products.
- Coordinates and/or directs all activities toward design corrections and/or fixes to existing products, for enhancing or amending previous designs.
- Effectively communicates to co-workers, suppliers, et al.; information, which they require to do their jobs. The communication must be clear, and accomplished in a positive manner.
- Develops reliable designs of tooling, jigs and fixtures, and other specialized production equipment.
- Supports the Quality Control and Purchasing Departments, as necessary, in our overall efforts to improve product quality and achieve continuous improvement.
- Implementation of Kanban, Pull Systems, Standard Work & 5S
- Supports on-going company Total Quality objectives.
- Supports objectives of maintaining a world-class safety program, covering all aspects of OSHA/NCOSHA worker and workplace issues.
To Be Successful in the Role You Will Have:
Any equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job, will be considered.
- Bachelors Degree in Manufacturing; Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering, Masters a plus.
- Minimum of 5+ years of engineering experience in a industrial engineering area.
- Experience in leading edge manufacturing systems and techniques are desirable.
- Experience in assembly procedures, process flow, and process controls.
- Ability to use the Industry standard CAD systems for design and documentation.
- Ability to help subordinates identify, quantify, and resolve problems.
- Ability to handle simultaneous tasks in an environment which can be stressful at times.
- Ability to use standard PC's and PC applications, including MS-DOS and Windows operating systems, and standard software applications including Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of plant engineering and code compliance standards, i.e.; OSHA, etc.
Regularly working in office and manufacturing/industrial environments to accomplish stated work objectives.
Light physical effort in an office environment. Some lifting of parts / products may be required in the manufacturing areas.
DISCLAIMER: The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
DISABILITY ACCESSIBILITY ACCOMMODATION: If you require an accommodation to navigate or apply to our careers site, please send your request to: email@example.com or call 425.486.9292 or 800.786.8404.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Precor