Demand Planner (Supply Chain Analyst)
Precor Woodinville, WA
- Expired: 23 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
** This is a Remote position**
Precor, headquartered in Greater Seattle, WA, has been a pioneer in delivering fitness experiences for commercial customers and exercisers for more than 40 years. Precor serves more than 100 countries worldwide with offices in the Americas, EMEA, and APAC and operates two US based manufacturing locations including Whitsett, North Carolina.
Precor products and services span across all major categories, including cardio, strength, functional fitness, group training, and connected solutions. In 2020, Precor reached the milestone of recording one billion workouts in its Preva® fitness cloud. That number represents more than 140,000 connected units in over 13,000 facilities. On average, Precor exercisers record more than 20 million minutes of workouts each day as recorded by the Precor digital platform Preva®. Precor segments include commercial clubs/facilities and the verticals of Hospitality, Multi-family Housing, Corporate, and Education. For more information, visit Precor Careers
Why You Should Join the Precor Team
- Dynamic, forward thinking company leading the industry in product innovation
- Rewards and recognition for superior performance
- Collaborative environment fostering teamwork and accountability
- Opportunity to work for a company that positively impacts people’s lives
- Exceptional benefits program including profit sharing, generous 401(k) match, and free on-site gym access
- Superior employee discounts on Precor products
About The Role:
The Demand Planner is responsible for creating demand plans and monitoring demand execution from an unbiased perspective. The Demand Planner will foster cross-functional collaboration to achieve a consensus demand plan. As a hands-on collaborator, you will clearly and effectively communicate actions to be taken to balance various scenarios, including those involving instances of abnormal demand and unconsumed demand, working with Sales and Operations. Additionally, the Demand Planner will help transform the Demand Management process at Precor by actively participating in the implemention of statistical forecasting software and actively participating in implementing Class A demand planning processes. The Demand Planner reports directly to the Demand Manager and is located in the Global Precor Headquarter in Woodinville, Washington.
You Will Be Responsible For: Demand Planning & Demand Execution
- Develop and maintain a 24-month rolling demand plan in units and revenue.
- Create and maintain statistical forecasting models, algorithms, and methods, effectively utilizing the forecasting software’s capabilities.
- Interact with Sales, Marketing, Product Managers, Finance, and Customer Success teams to determine assumptions, latest market trends, and promotional activities.
- Effectively document assumptions and analysis supporting consensus forecasts.
- Actively participate in the monthly Pre-Consensus and Demand Review meetings.
- Monitor demand plan accuracy and bias throughout the month, provide feedback to the Demand Manager if demand plan tolerances may be exceeded, so that appropriate actions can be taken.
- Assist in improving demand plan accuracy and eliminating bias from demand plans.
- Assist in the creation of “What-if” scenarios based on price, market share, and competitive activities.
- Complete all demand planning activities by designated due dates.
- Transfer the monthly consensus demand plan in units and dollars to Supply Operations, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and other interested parties.
- Maintain forecast processes and systems, including data maintenance.
- Provide input regarding processes for continuous improvements.
- Analyze actual shipments/orders for alignment with approved demand plans and notifies the Demand Manager when a gap appears to be developing.
- Work with Sales to prioritize demand when it is greater than planned.
- Provide alerts to Sales when demand is less than planned.
- Communicate issues in a timely and proactive way to smooth the demand and supply processes.
- Communicate to Supply Operations potential demand issues and communicates customer prioritization decisions.
To Be Successful in the Role You Will Have:
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job, will be considered.
- BS/BA degree – Supply Chain, Business or Technical, preferably in a quantitative field.
- Minimum three to five years of experience in Demand Planning, Supply Chain Planning, or Forecasting, or two years with MBA, with a preference to manufacturing.
- APICS Certification preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of Demand Planning and ERP software is preferred.
- Strong computer related skills, including advanced Windows and Microsoft Office Suite capabilities. Demonstrated experience using Excel including pivot tables and formulas. Power BI experience a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- This position requires strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills with the ability to extract, compile, and analyze large volumes of data on a regular basis.
- Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the planning process.
- Good facilitation skills are required.
- Familiarity with product launch initiatives.
- Familiarity with factors impacting firm zone planning and control.
Normal office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Light physical effort in an office environment
- Moderate computer use / data entry
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
DISCLAIMER: The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of the employee. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
DISABILITY ACCESSIBILITY ACCOMMODATION: If you require an accommodation to navigate or apply to our careers site, please send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425.486.9292 or 800.786.8404.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
PrecorWhy Work Here?
• Dynamic, forward thinking company leading the industry in product innovation. Rewards and recognition for superior performance.
BusinessView all jobs at Precor