Electro Mechanical Technician II
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
*Please note position is located in Somerset, WI*
The Electro-Mechanical Technician II is responsible for setting up and maintaining equipment in the Contract Manufacturing Services group to ensure safety, efficiency, and correct operation of equipment. Additionally, they will work with the engineering team to improve machine processes, up-time, and profitability. They may be required to provide supervision or leadership at times.
An ideal candidate for this position would have work experience drafting technical work instructions, preventative maintenance schedules, and provide training to entry-level tech positions. This person would be able to set up and maintain electronically controlled equipment, including installs and adjustments on new controllers. They would exhibit strong teamwork abilities.
1. Perform all responsibilities of Electro-Mechanical Technician I.
2. Creates technical work instructions and preventative maintenance schedules.
3. Provides training to entry-level technicians.
4. Set up and maintain electronically controlled mechanical equipment, including the electronic controllers such as PC’s, Fanuc, Allen Bradley, etc.
5. Install and adjust new or substituted controllers on systems.
6. Set up and maintain mechanical equipment including XY tables (servo & stepper systems), chillers, general plumbing, wiring, and duct work (scheduled & unscheduled).
7. Rebuilds and tunes laser and beam delivery systems.
8. Assists in equipment-intensive projects.
9. Support process improvement projects and implementation plans such as SPC data collection, cycle time reduction, utilization improvements, and workflow optimization.
10. Performs other tasks as required.
· 2-year technical degree in electro-mechanical, laser technology, or related field.
· 5-7 years related work experience.
· Mechanical power systems installation, alignment, and maintenance.
· Predictive and preventative maintenance using precision tooling.
· Industrial Manufacturing machine troubleshooting.
· Skilled in pneumatics, hydraulics, and fluid distribution systems including troubleshooting.
· Experience in electrical control wiring (relay logic), PLC’s, CNC programming, installation, and troubleshooting.
· General machining, fabrication, and welding.
· Knowledge of high and low voltage electrical systems in relation to schematics drawings and wiring.
· Motivated individual who can work independently and with teams.
· Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
· Proficient in communication and documentation skills.
· High proficiency in the following computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel, and Outlook.
· Experience with a maintenance software program.
· Six Sigma/Learn manufacturing awareness.
· Laser experience.
· Team leader.
· Exceptional math skills.
· Frequent stooping, bending, and reaching overhead.
· Works with high voltage electrical equipment.
· Standing and walking most of the day.
· Occasional outside work.
· Occasionally pushing, pulling, and lifting up-to 50 lbs.
· Must be able to distinguish colors (wiring).
Available Shift Options
2nd Shift: 40 hours per week, Monday-Thursday, 3:00 pm-1:00 am
3rd Shift: 40 hours per week, Monday-Thursday, 10:00 pm-8:00 am
Weekend Day Shift: 36 hours per week (paid for 40 hours), Friday-Sunday, 10:00 am-10:00 pm
Why work at Preco?
At Preco you will find a collaborative culture and a team united by a passion to provide solutions to our customers. Preco is a premier provider of laser, flat bed and rotary die cutting equipment solutions for advanced material processing needs. In addition, Preco is a skilled laser integrator offering cutting, perforating, welding, and other specialized industrial processing applications.
Preco's working environment is climate-controlled year-round and there are opportunities for career advancement.
· 401(k) matching
· Dental insurance
· Employee assistance program
· Flexible spending account
· Health insurance
· Health savings account
· Life insurance
· Paid time off
· Referral program
· Tuition reimbursement
· 9 paid Holidays per year
500 Laser DriveSomerset, WI
ManufacturingView all jobs at Preco, LLC
Get fresh Mechanical Engineer Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.