Preco, Inc. Somerset, WI
- Expired: 20 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Project lead, responsible for the technical and financial performance of industrial laser equipment design and build projects.
The Laser Equipment Division Project Engineer is responsible for designing and developing laser-based systems that meet the customer's expectations and are within budget. The Project Engineer has a leadership role in coordinating teams that design, manufacture, test, install, and service engineered systems.
Specific tasks include:
• Evaluate a customer's application and evaluate risks to Preco and customer.
• Participate in team selling activities.
• Directs, coordinates, and/or performs activities of the design team for total machine design from inception through design, assembly, and testing.
• Performs design calculations, researches design alternatives, and performs cost analysis to meet or exceed expected cost and performance targets.
• Manages schedule, budget forecasting, and status reporting for multiple assigned projects.
• Works towards technical fluency in all common industrial laser disciplines, including Mechanical, Software, Optical, Controls, and Electrical Engineering.
• Manages the proper documentation of the design project including layouts, bill of materials, detail drawings, ECR’s, etc.
• Works closely with manufacturing and purchasing to assure the design is manufacturable.
• Tests and analyzes prototype components.
• Provides hands-on technical assistance during debugging and factory acceptance testing.
• Special assignments as required.
The Laser Equipment Project Engineer is responsible for the financial performance of each project. The Project Engineer is also responsible for keeping projects on schedule, making every effort to ensure on-time delivery. In addition, the Project Engineer is expected to stay abreast of all relevant process and technology developments within the company and in the appropriate industrial sectors.
• Four-year engineering degree and a minimum of two years project engineering experience.
• Minimum of ten years project engineering experience in lieu of degree. Experience related to machine tools is essential.
• Demonstrated experience with effective customer communications relating to business, technical, and logistic matters.
• Experience with leading multi-disciplinary teams whose members are provided from a matrix-type organization.
• Experience with all phases of developing industrial equipment.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver equipment that meets the customer's expectations and is within budget.
• Interested in working on custom or "one-off" systems.
• Demonstrated technical or process experience in at least two of the following areas:
- materials handling components such as dial tables, feeder bowls, pick-and-place mechanisms, and robots.
- automated material processing systems such as welding or cutting systems that process individual metallic parts.
- automated web and/or sheet converting systems for materials such as paper, plastic, fabric, and composite films.
- process knowledge relating to processing metallic, composite, or non-metallic materials.
- industrial controls and/or software experience that use personal computers (PC) or programmable logic controllers (PLC).
- tooling and fixture design for locating individual parts.
• Knowledge of SolidWorks, Word, and Excel.
• Extensive direct and phone communications with customers, component suppliers, company personnel, and contract personnel.
• Travel to customer facilities for sales, installation, and service-related activities.
• Extended hours of sitting and viewing a computer screen.
• Extended hours of standing or working in a shop environment.
Preco, Inc.Why Work Here?
Preco is a family friendly company. Preco uses our expertise to push technology across diverse markets.
Preco, Inc. is a premier solution provider for material processing that is completely unique with our combination of systems and contract manufacturing services. We are a leading designer and manufacturer of precision automated processing systems for high speed and high accuracy cutting, perforating, welding, and other specialized industrial applications. With engineered systems, contract manufacturing services, an applications development team and a multitude of resources within our company, we are capable of providing solutions unlike any other manufacturer in the industry. Our laser and die cutting contract manufacturing capabilities make us one of the largest contract manufacturing service providers in North America.
500 Laser DriveSomerset, WI