- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Description: CDL-A Truck Driver / Car Haul
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Department: Trucking Reports to: Terminal Manager
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Ensure a safe and harassment and discrimination free work environment by following and enforcing all safety rules and procedures, all company policies, applicable laws, and Precision values.
- Provide cultural stewardship.
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting vehicles.
- Inspect loads to ensure that cargo is secure.
- Maintain logs of vehicle service and/or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers.
- Complete all other duties as required for safe, efficient, effective, and compliant operations as assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving vehicles by road transportation.
- Current and valid Class A CDL commercial license is required.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective operations.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Ability to flex scheduled work times as project demands.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
- The employee is required to converse and hear in office and industrial settings (noise level is moderate).
- The employee is frequently required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; ascend or descend, balance; stoop or kneel.
- The vision requirements: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and adjust focus.
- The employee is required to have the ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- The employee is required to have the ability to time their movements or the movement of a vehicle in anticipation of changes in the speed and/or direction of a moving object or scene.
- The employee is required to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
Management reserves the right to change this position description at any time.
No Over nights, local driving , flexiable scheduling
Overtime paid , Monday - Friday schedule
Precision Vehicle Logistics-PVL
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Precision Vehicle Logistics-PVL