If you're looking to become a Senior Accountant but need some experience, this may be the role for you! This position will work to accomplish assigned tasks, ensure procedures are updated and work to develop others within the department. This position will provide in-depth accounting, reporting and analysis in a fast-paced, highly regulated and accuracy critical environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required.
- Assist with monthly close including general ledger maintenance and account analysis;
- Perform monthly analysis of the balance sheet accounts;
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations for assigned accounts;
- Prepare the monthly financials and year-end-reports;
- Assist with the preparation of the year-end-financial reporting to both HUD and the Board of Commissioners;
- Complete monthly VMS data for HUD reporting;
- Complete daily utilization reporting;
- Work with the HCV Occupancy and FSS staff to resolve issues related to individual accounts and all other functions related to the FSS program;
- Assist with the Accounting functions for the Authority’s other programs;
- Assist with year-end audit;
- Assist with the preparation of budgets;
- Assist with the execution of Accounts Payable; and
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each competency satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
§ Demonstrated strong analytical skills and writing abilities.
§ Working knowledge of personal computers, with demonstrated ability to use advanced computer applications such as Excel, Word and Access.
§ Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with a minimum of eighteen months work experience in general accounting; or an MBA or CPA status with a minimum of six months directly-related work experience.