Job Description: This person will be responsible for accurately submitting claims, follow-up with payers, and appealing denials. High attention to detail is needed for this position. You will also communicate with patients, doctors, attorneys and insurance companies. This position is at our Harrah, OK location.
· Timely and accurately submit claims.
· Scrubbing claims for accuracy and billing errors.
· File corrections and appeals on denied or incorrectly processed claims.
· Review and follow up on aging accounts.
· Assist with overseeing patient accounts.
· Preparing, printing, and mailing patient statements.
· Help with calling on late patient payments/other payer calls
· Verify patient benefits and eligibility.
· Request, Receive, Maintain, and Follow up with all authorizations.
· Help track patient visits for authorization and visit limits and update to keep information current.
· Pulling medical records and itemized billing for requests.
· File liens on third party claims and lien release when account is paid.
· Make follow-up calls on accident and liability claims
· Post accounts paid electronic and paper EOB’s.
· Back up front desk as necessary answering phones, collecting co-pays and scheduling patients.
· Assist with credentialing new providers.
· Communicate any needs, discrepancies, or other important information to billing director.
· Preforms other duties as assigned by the billing director.
· Knowledge of current ICD-10 and CPT coding systems preferred.
· Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and commercial insurances preferred.
· Knowledge of revenue cycle billing preferred.
· Strong organization, written and verbal communication skills.
· Requires high level of interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills.
· Basic computer skills.
· Ability to multi-task.