Generator Field Service Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
*** Job is located in Shreveport, LA; and requires relocation to the region (with assistance) ***
Precision Mechanical is looking for an expert Generator Field Technician to relocate to Shreveport, LA region (with relocation assistance) to join our growing team! In business since 1980, we offer not only job security; but opportunity to grow with our company.
Our ownership and team of dedicated personnel makes us unparalleled in the Mechanical Service and Maintenance Business. We currently provide Preventative Maintenance and Emergency Services to several thousand cellular sites across 12 states and maintain a 1,400,000 square foot manufacturing facility as well as numerous government facilities. Precision Mechanical Services is a tomorrow-focused company successfully growing its prestige and visibility by expanding on the many partnerships we have developed with our clients.
- Troubleshoot equipment and service generator components including alternators, wiring harnesses, safety devices, transfer switches, starters and battery systems.
- Perform repairs and services on all makes and models of generator sets. • Inspections, repairs, services and start-up load bank test requirements on equipment.
- Apply proper engine technical skills in inspection, disassembly, failure analysis, assembly, diagnosis, and engine operating performance tests.
- Identify the problem and cause of failure through logical troubleshooting steps, determine corrective action through inspection of failed parts.
- Repair and troubleshooting engines such as Cummins, Detroit Diesel, John Deere, MTU and Volvo.
- Must manage large complex projects through to completion
- Must be able to travel, in company service vehicle, throughout the local counties
- Must be able to be on-call for emergency services
- Other duties as assigned Required Skills
Requirements for ideal candidate:
- Willingness to relocate to Shreveport, LA (Or surrounding region) with relocation assistance
- 7-10 years experience in the repair and maintenance of generator systems from 8kW to 2800 kW preferred.
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge consistent with the requirements of the industry.
- Competency in engine repair/overhauls a plus
- Well organized, productive and a highly motivated self-starter.
- Analytical knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- Good communication skills, enthusiastic attitude, and great customer service skills are a must.
- High School Diploma and technical school is desired.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record is required; must be able to pass and maintain DOT physical
- Must be able to respond to emergency repairs as needed.
Why work here:
- Competitive wages
- Insurance stipend
- Annual and performance bonus opportunities
- Travel opportunity, keeping job interesting
- Paid time off
Pay is commensurate with experience
*An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
3910 Industrial Circle Bossier CityAustin, TX
Get fresh Generator Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.