Biotech Scientist/Sr. Scientist Protein Biophysics (Contract)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Precision Life Sciences is seeking a contract Scientist/Sr. Scientist Protein Biophysics for our client in the biotechnology / life sciences industry. This role will lead the biophysical characterization and protein analytics efforts in developing new and novel molecules for therapeutic applications. The successful candidate will provide guidance and data-driven support for the nomination of drug product candidates for preclinical development. The Scientist/Senior Scientist will have hands-on experience in assay development and analytical characterization, and excellent technical skills with the ability to play a critical role in identifying the developability of molecules and working with multi-disciplinary teams to drive project advancements.
- Maintain and expand state-of-the-art Protein Analytics platforms to support analytical screening and characterization of fusion molecules having diverse and novel modalities.
- Design and perform targeted biophysical and biochemical experiments to guide the selection of lead candidates based on maximizing preclinical developability success.
- Develop assays to identify and characterize potential liabilities of early discovery molecules and engage in solutions toward mitigation strategies.
- Identify and coordinate with external CRO on biophysical characterization needs, beyond internally available techniques, to expand the understanding of molecules.
- Active collaboration with project teams across the organization to accelerate programs toward development.
- Work with fellow scientists to enhance biophysical and drug development knowledge and provide technical guidance in experimental design, implementation, and analysis.
- Stay up to date with scientific literature and advancements in the field of protein biophysics and characterization. Apply as appropriate to streamline workflow and improve efficiency.
- Generate, manage, evaluate and maintain critical data in a highly organized manner. Author and review internal SOPs and analytical reports. Contribute to the development of external publications, posters, and presentations.
- Effectively communicate results through written documentation and oral presentations across multidisciplinary teams.
- Manage multiple parallel project timelines and deliverables and coordinate directly with project leads.
- Maintain extensive lab presence and perform hands-on work.
- Ph.D. degree in a scientific discipline with 3+ years relevant experience, MS with 5+ years relevant experience, or BS with 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong understanding and hands-on expertise in a wide range of biophysical and analytical methods including chromatography-based methods, (e.g., SEC, HIC, IEX), light scattering (DLS and MALS), thermal stability (DSC and DSF), stress studies, and formulation screen.
- Prior industry experience in hands-on analytical characterization of biologics is required.
- Demonstrated experience with biochemical (ELISA, AlphaLISA, TR-FRET, etc) and biophysical (BLI/SPR/ITC) assay development to characterize protein-protein interactions.
- Prior protein purification and qualification and mass spec experience are highly desirable.
- Must demonstrate a keen knowledge of experimental design, underlying scientific principles, and the ability to critically analyze and assess results.
- Must maintain a high level of scientific rigor and attention to detail.
- Must maintain good laboratory practice including safety guideline compliance and timely notebook updates.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment, keeping pace with a high functioning group of scientists and adaptive to perform multiple needs in support of project advancements.
Precision Life Sciences
ScienceView all jobs at Precision Life Sciences