Research Associate- Biochem/Biophysics
- Posted: over a month ago
Precision Life Sciences is working with a life science / biotechnology client in the Greater Miami area in Florida, that is seeking a contract Research Associate- Biochem/Biophysics.
This role will be an important member of the Research team, responsible for maintaining, differentiating, and evaluating small molecules in patient-derived iPSCs, and differentiated cardiomyocytes and neurons. This is a hands-on laboratory position based in our metro Miami research site.
DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Experience with mammalian cell culture; prior experience with patient-derived cells, iPSCs and skeletal muscle, cardiomyocyte, and neuron differentiation is preferred.
• Ability to isolate RNA, DNA, and protein from cells.
• Conduct RT-PCR, gel electrophoresis, qPCR, Western blot, ELISA.
• Experience with immunofluorescence, RNA FISH, microscopic imaging.
• Familiarity with standard laboratory instruments, computers, and office and laboratory software.
• Support upkeep and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
• Maintain detailed records of experimental data. Able to present data both orally and in writing.
• Perform all duties in keeping with the Company's core values, policies, and all applicable regulations.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in biochemistry, biology, or a related field.
• 1+ years of additional research experience in an industrial or academic setting.
• Experience conducting experiments and interpreting experimental data; hands-on experience is required.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic small company environment.
• Critical thinker with a demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate across teams and functional areas.
• Capacity to synthesize and integrate complex ideas and to clearly communicate key insights around our targets, mechanisms, and models.
• Skilled at identifying and solving problems early; forward-thinking to minimize program risk.
• Success-oriented individual with a relentless drive towards the company and team goals and timelines.
• Curiosity, passion, and desire to make a difference.
• Contribute to our company culture, sense of team, and collaborative spirit.
Precision Life Sciences
ScienceView all jobs at Precision Life Sciences