Sr Project Engineer- Construction
- Posted: over a month ago
Sr Project Engineer
Precision General Commercial Contractors, Inc. is looking to hire a full-time Project Engineer. Are you looking to advance your career in project engineering? Would you like to work for a national commercial construction firm that values its employees? If so, please read on!
This project management position earns a competitive wage, depending on experience. We also offer a full benefits package and great perks, including a work-life balance and opportunities to serve and build the communities in which employees live. If this sounds like the right commercial construction PM opportunity for you, consider applying today!
ABOUT PRECISION GENERAL COMMERCIAL CONTRACTORS, INC.
Precision is a national construction company specializing in the rehabilitation and new construction of multi-unit residential properties. We are a Certified B Corporation, which means we meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. Joining over 3,200 companies desiring to be a force for good, we are the largest contractor across the United States to earn this designation. Our portfolio is filled with many success stories, but we're most proud of the strong relationships we have built and continue to grow.
Our relationship-centered approach starts with our employees. They work hard to embody our values and put forth their best performance each day to help with the success of our company. We take pride in our desire to become better every day, providing our employees with opportunities to develop both personally and professionally.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A PROJECT ENGINEER
We have an opening for a collaborative, driven and experienced individual to join our team as a Project Engineer. He/she should possess a minimum of three years of commercial construction experience, Bluebeam Software experience, and understanding of all building trades, materials and methods with a special emphasis on Multi- Unit Residential and Commercial Projects. Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Candidate will report to the Sr. Project Engineer, Project Manager, and Senior Project Manager.
Perform the following tasks on 4-6 projects:
- Request from subcontractors
- Check for compliance and completeness
- Format and save on server
- Submit to design team.
- Follow up for responses and report on status
- Process physical samples for cabinets, counter tops and paint. Document samples, ship to approving party, and record responses.
- Write RFI's for field personnel and submit to design team.
- Follow up for responses and report on status
- Draft and issue PCOs. Follow up for responses and report on status
- Maintain PCO log
- Draft internal change orders for PC's to issue.
- Update budget variance monthly by entering subcontracts and change orders.
- Assist project managers in updating construction schedules
- Convert to PDF and send to project team each week with meeting minutes
- Collect notes from field personnel to fill out the meeting minutes file
- Distribute meeting minutes to project team each week
- Record direction or decisions made on the call for subsequent weeks
- Assist field personnel in soliciting bids for remaining scopes. This includes only minor and last-minute scope such as: site accessories, landscaping, signage, or owner requested changes.
- Draft scopes of work for remaining, miscellaneous subcontracts.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A PROJECT ENGINEER
- High school diploma or equivalent, College Degree or certificate in Construction Management preferred
- 3+ years of experience as a Project Engineer in the construction industry
- Experience with MS Project as well as other scheduling and tracking software
- Ability to manage 4-6 multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to quickly and appropriately prioritize conflicting demands
Do you have strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities? Are you a highly organized individual? Can you demonstrate good time management? Are you detail-oriented? Do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills? If so, you might just be perfect for this commercial construction engineering position!
READY TO JOIN OUR PROJECT ENGINEERING TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable, so we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this Project Engineer Position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
Precision General Commercial Contractors, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?