- Expired: October 06, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Welcome to Precision Edge Surgical Products
Precision Edge is a world-renowned contract manufacturer of fine surgical components, cutting tools and accessories. As a surgical cutting tool manufacturer, we pride ourselves in our technical versatility and ability to assist our customers. We understand the fundamental requirement of superior performance from a surgical instrument and our team takes extreme pride in building quality products which provide a competitive edge for our customers.
Work With Us!
To make the best surgical instruments, we need the best people. We're always looking to add talent to our team! As a colleague at Precision Edge, you'll impact the health and wellbeing of thousands of orthopedic patients worldwide.
Quality Engineer: Quality is #1 and the Quality Engineers at Precision Edge Surgical make sure that happens every day. As a member of our Engineering team you'll play a direct part in the project lifecycle of product creation, production timelines, and quality standards.
Some of the duties and responsibilities include:
- The development and execution of validation plans to support FDA, ISO and company standards.
- Creating and managing project tasks and schedules to support overall production scheduling
- Supporting supplier audits to insure capabilities and evaluate process change requests to align with both the company and customer requests.
- Performing hazard and risk analysis for new legacy products
- Linking the efforts and communications of both the quality and operations personnel to insure that inspection processes have been verified and documented.
- Identifying new inspection equipment
- Leading the root cause analysis for any internal product quality issues or customer complaints
- Mentoring and training team members
- BS in Engineering required
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer certification (preferred)
- Supervisor or leadership experience (preferred)
Essential Functions, Knowledge and Competencies
- Thorough understanding of current ISO 13485 and FDA QSR (21 CFR Part 820) requirements and how they relate to our company
- Advanced understanding of GD&T and metrology
- Proficient in various software applications (i.e. Microsoft Office and Minitab preferred)
- Must possess excellent documentation and technical writing capabilities
- Independent self-starter who is capable of planning and managing multiple priorities
- Ability to incorporate ASTM and ISO standards through the product life cycle, designing and developing the required inspection and process control methodologies
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, having the ability to interface with all levels of the organization, customers and suppliers
- Thorough knowledge of analytical tools including Six Sigma, Lean and SPC
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously without supervision. This includes creating detailed and accurate project tasks and schedules, interfacing with internal and external customers and solving project related conflicts and issues
- Strong supervisory and team building skills
We offer completive wages and amazing benefits, some of which are:
- Benefits starting on DAY 1:
- Health, dental, & vision insurance for employees, spouses and dependent children up to age 26
- Company-paid short and long term disability coverage
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life insurance for employee, spouse and dependent children up to age 18
- Vacation pay that accrues on a bi-weekly basis
- Paid Holidays
- Benefits starting on the first of the month following 30 days of employment:
- 401k retirement savings plan with a 50% company match up to a 3% match
Precision Edge Surgical Products
AddressBoyne City, MI
Get fresh Precision Engineering jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.