Business Development Manager -Government and Commercial R & D Programs
- Posted: over a month ago
Were a 50-employee team of innovative scientists and engineers creating and developing a growing portfolio of new energy, environmental and materials technologies and products that offer potential breakthroughs for a range of applications. Including for the U.S. military.
Were looking for an entrepreneurial business development/technology transition leader with a background in science or engineering to lead our business development for military products, including for both ITAR and dual use commercial applications.
For more information, please visit our website at www.precision-combustion.com
As a key member of our business team, interacting with our technology team, you will lead military and related business development from new technology product creation through product development and into successful market entry.
You will create and win new funding opportunities through both government (SBIR/STTR, BAA, etc.) and industrial (R&D contracts, JDAs, license agreements, etc.) channels. You will have support from across the PCI team.
An Ideal Candidate will..
- Combine initiative, vision, sales insight, entrepreneurship, and the determination to win.
- Have an engineering or science background, strong marketing skill, a passion for chemical/mechanical technology, and experience bringing new technologies to market.
- Work with our technology leaders and with PCIs top management and other BD team members to build current opportunities, as well as create new paths to success. The business team includes the President, Vice President of Research and Engineering, Director of Marketing and Business Development, and others.
- Use their prior business development success in selling early concepts through implemented solutions to the military to create new opportunities for PCI. We value diversified technology business development experience in other areas such as automotive, power generation, environmental, chemicals processing, and aerospace.
- Be based at our North Haven, CT facility, currently operating with masking, distancing, and other safety protocols. You will need full vaccination.
What You Will Do
- Lead innovative product concept evolution, transition paths and market entry strategies.
- Develop strategies, plans, make decisions and take action supporting technology/product advance to successful market entry.
- Identify, develop and win new business opportunities supporting our advancing technology and product development.
- Develop relationships with customers, potential customers and other companies to help advance our opportunities.
- Provide sales leadership for compelling proposals, winning R&D development and commercialization funding from government and prime contractor/industrial customers.
- Become a key member of our management team
RequirementsWho You Are
- A top performer with initiative, drive, judgment and mental agility
- Able to sell advance innovative technology concepts still in the development stage
- A technophile with fundamental knowledge of technical drivers of new products and how they may affect product concept and market/application opportunities
- Effective market and business research with internet research fluency
- Excellent written English communication for business
- PC fluency in Microsoft Office products
- We really are a high performance innovative team you should be very good at this also.
- BS or higher degree in engineering/science is required; minor in marketing/business or an MBA a plus
- Experience selling and evolving military technology concepts before they become products, together with insights into military markets and applications.
- Business development experience in tech development for military applications, with experience in energy, power generation, environmental, chemicals processing, automotive, and/or aerospace also helpful. Prior U.S. security clearance a plus.
- Technology business development experience in an industrial or university setting
- Experience in negotiating business agreements (NDAs, MOUs, MOAs, JDAs, contracts)
This position requires US Citizenship
BenefitsWhat PCI Offers You
At PCI youll find cohesive teams and a culture that promotes open communication and support. We also recognize that we are a team made up of individuals with full lives that extend beyond the work day. Our policies and benefits are crafted with our employees in mind.
- A competitive salary and benefits platform (medical/dental/vision; STD/LTD, Life Insurance and more)
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time Off including Vacation, 10 paid Holidays, Personal/Sick Days and Paternal Leave
- Flexible work hours
- Growth and Development opportunities
- More information can be found on our Career page
Precision Combustion, Inc
AddressNorth Haven, CT
BusinessView all jobs at Precision Combustion, Inc