SUMMARY: The Project Engineer helps coordinate, plan and execute new customer opportunities, prototypes/sample development, process review and ECNs to meet and/or exceed customer expectations for quantity, quality and delivery. This position will be tasked with completing their own projects as well as supporting our engineering department.
- Work directly with customers, sales, and engineering to coordinate new customer opportunities.
- Sample Preparation: Responsible to meet and\or exceed customer expectations for quantity, quality, and delivery.
- Support the transfer of new processes to production.
- Directly run multiple new projects, including maintaining the project schedule, expectations and deliverables.
- Assist with Return Material Authorization (RMA), Temporary Deviation (TDRA) and Order Process Review.
- Support the monitoring of problematic anodizing processes to collect data for root cause analysis.
- Prepare In-house MICRALOX™ sample coupon to maintain sample stock level.
- Comfortable working in both laboratory and manufacturing environments.
- Take part in all required training sessions related to Quality Assurance, Lean, Process and EHS programs.
- Participate in periodic testing and performance evaluations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Requirements analysis
- Project management
- Manufacturing methods and procedures
- Problem Solving
- Technical understanding
- Documentation skills
- CAD/Solid Works
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors’ Degree in an engineering discipline (preferred) and 1-2 years of experience running new product introduction projects.
- Knowledge of medical device manufacturing and/or ISO 13485 is preferred.
- Effective team player who can work cross-functionally with Sales, Engineering, Production, and Quality personnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform in an independent manner with minimal direct supervision.
- Knowledge of MS Project, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and ChemTrak preferred.
Precision Coating is one of the largest Metal Finishing Companies specializing in Anodic Coatings from prototype development through production. Our Patented Microlox ® process outperforms conventional anodic coating processes and is becoming a leader in the Medical Device industry.
We offer a wide variety of Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) including Free Life, Short and Long Term Disability along with Free Life Insurance !!
Precision Coating Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Precision CoatingPrecision Coating (www.precisioncoating.com) provides high-tolerance coating and specialized metal-finishing services to the med-tech industry for applications including vascular, endosurgical, and orthopedic instruments and devices. Precision Coating works with early-stage device innovators through major medical equipment manufacturers, deploying comprehensive solutions—from concept to commercialization—and offering flexible prototype work through high-volume coating application, finishing, and printing services. The company operates facilities in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Costa Rica, and serves customers worldwide, offering seamless supply chain support. Precision Coating Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.