The Research Assistant will be responsible for the execution of molecular biology tasks (such as DNA/RNA purification, cloning, PCR, sequencing analysis, small scale protein purification). The Research Assistant will follow direction for execution and troubleshooting of experiments in order to produce results by expected deadlines. The position will also involve independent data analysis, proper documentation preparation and report generation for the supervisor as well as for the rest of the group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This list contains the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform role-related duties other than those contained in this document.
- Purification of DNA/RNA
- Analysis of sequences
- Bacterial incubation, culture, harvest
- Small scale protein expression and purification
- ELISA, Western blot
- Making reagents as needed
- Assisting with any other projects as needed
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- B.S. or M.S. in Biological Sciences, with at least 2 years of laboratory experience
- Hands-on experience with basic molecular biology methods, such as nucleic acids purification, cloning, primer design, PCR
- Knowledge of sequence analysis software such as SnapGene, VectorNTI or similar
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft Office software, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to work independently and in team-environment
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal reporting to supervisor, team, and company
- Experience with small scale protein purification, ELISA and western blot will be considered as a plus
- Minimal travel (<10% is required for this position)
- This is an office-based position located at the main headquarters in downtown Durham, NC.
Precision BioSciences is dedicated to improving life through its proprietary genome editing platform, “ARCUS.” Precision BioSciences leverages ARCUS in the development of its product candidates which are designed to treat human diseases and create healthy and sustainable food and agriculture solutions. Precision BioSciences is actively developing product candidates in three innovative areas: allogeneic CAR T immunotherapy, in vivo gene correction, and food.
Precision BioSciences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Precision BioSciences complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.