Looking to take your automotive repair and collision experience to the next level? We are an independent shop looking for motivated technicians to fill STRUCTURAL technician roles in our two locations. Our shop locations include over 25,000 sq. ft. of repair space including automotive repair, collision and paint services.
Duties and Responsibilities & Requirements
• Perform Disassembly and reassembly of vehicles for repair work
• Perform Light & Heavy Body repairs with willingness to become more trained and experienced to do more intricate body repairs.
• Responsible for providing and maintaining own set of hand tools, including air sanders, air wrenches, miscellaneous air tools.
• Align or replace damaged parts according to manufacturers' specification
• Understand the methods, materials, tools, equipment and practices of the auto body repair trade
• Understand the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the auto body repair trade
• Understand measuring software designed to measure automotive upper and lower body.
• Knowledge of metals and metal thickness of materials used by manufacturers (i.e. composites, aluminum, and boron)
• Shop clean up
Skills and Qualifications
• Must have 5+ years of auto body collision repair experience
• Graduate of approved certified automotive service technology program
• High school diploma/GED
• I-CAR certification or ASE training preferred
• I-CAR welding and ASE Structural (B4) certification strongly preferred Must have working knowledge of tools of trade (including welding equipment, paint equipment, shop machines, and power tools) required as well as the use of electric, or gas or other welding, brazing equipment, the use of frame straightening and aligning equipment
• Ability to identify the problem quickly.
• Use and understand windows based computerized systems
• Follow oral and written instructions and/or prepare list of material parts needed for repair
• Understand the job related occupational hazards and safety precautions of the auto body repair trade
• Effective analytical and communication skills.
• Good reading, computer, and mathematics skills.
• Present ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications.
• Reliable work history, attendance and punctuality.
• History of working independently and in a team environment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Highly organized, able to handle multiple concurrent assignments.
Your cover letter and resume should clearly outline how your qualifications & experience fit this position. While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.