Auto Glass Technician
Precision Auto Glass of Long Island Suffolk County, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
While we'd prefer to find someone with industry specific experience, we encourage anyone with experience working on cars to apply!
Work your 40 hours in 4 days!
We are looking to hire a skilled Auto Glass Technician to repair or replace the windshields as well as door and quarter glasses on customers’ vehicles. The Auto Glass Technician’s responsibilities include notifying customers of various issues that may affect glass installation, removing damaged glass without causing further damage to customers' vehicles, completing all necessary paperwork, and keeping damaged glass areas moisture-free during repairs. Precision Auto Glass focuses on installing auto glass to the highest standards while at the same time providing a great experience to our customers. Because of this, we value attitude the same as workmanship.
To be successful as an Auto Glass Technician, you should demonstrate sound mechanical skills and adhere to all health and safety regulations when using hazardous materials. We are a small and family owned Long Island business that shows plenty of future potential and we are looking for someone to join our team.
Auto Glass Technician Responsibilities:
- Using primer to prime all damaged areas of windshields and car windows
- Weatherproofing glass by applying a chemical treatment to the outer surfaces and properly applying weather seals around glass edges
- Traveling to various locations to assess as well as repair or replace customers' windshields and windows
- Removing moldings, wipers, screws, bolts, and clips before glass installation and repairs and replacing them thereafter
- Injecting resin into small chips or cracks
- Identifying issues that may affect glass installation, such as rust or vehicle damage
- Removing all dirt and debris from windshields and windows before beginning repair or weatherproofing treatments
Auto Glass Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification in automotive glass repair and installation through the National Glass Association (NGA) is preferred
- Two years experience working as an Auto Glass Technician
- Sound knowledge of automotive glass repair and installation techniques
- Strong mechanical skills
- Good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Effective communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
We are a fully mobile business that provides auto glass repair and replacement services right at the customers doorstep. We have been serving Long Island communities for five years and look forward to many more! Come join us!
Precision Auto Glass of Long IslandWhy Work Here?
Small family ran business that believes in a fair work and life balance. Also a company that shows plenty of future potential!
560 MAIN STREET SUITE 7 ISLIPSuffolk County, NY