Business Analyst (Senior)
- Posted: over a month ago
We are currently looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join our team. This position is remote on Eastern Time.
Successful candidates must be able to complete a Public Trust background check, requiring U.S. residency for 3 of the past 5 years.
The Business Analyst is responsible for gathering and documenting system/business requirements in the form of user stories and use cases, perform requirement analysis and systems analysis, facilitating design and development of software solutions, assisting with the testing process, and helping quality assurance process.
Responsible for stakeholder management, requirement elicitation, preparing estimations for business analysis tasks and deliverables, systems analysis, preparing functional specifications using user stories, acceptance criteria and use case narration. Responsible for ensuring unique business needs are properly translated to functional specifications and provide a system solution, assisting with the maintenance of project schedules and developing various status reports.
- Plan out business analysis efforts, including stakeholder analysis, communication planning, and elicitation techniques
- Support discussions on establishing and controlling application scope
- Facilitate requirements gathering via meetings, interview sessions, brainstorming, documentation analysis, and other techniques as necessary
- Support customer meetings to understand current client business practices and business needs supporting requirements analysis
- Document and validate high-level business needs
- Document quality attributes, interfaces, and other nonfunctional requirements
- Ensure that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards
- Validate requirements with business stakeholders and team members
- Manage client relationships and expectations during the requirements gathering phase
- Collaborate with stakeholders and team members regarding requirements development and translation into software specifications
- Support traceability efforts from high-level business needs through functional validation
- Participate in requirements prioritization
- Support requirements decomposition into specifications
- Write detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions and dependencies required to develop or modify applications
- Support development and refinement of requirements, identifying and recommending corrections to gaps or deficiencies
- Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools
- Consolidate user stories and user feedback on apps throughout the development cycle
- Write and/or review documents needed to support application release
- Coordinate the stage gate review process including assembling document packages and working with team members to complete required documentation
- Works closely with developers and testers to ensure all requirements are understood and have corresponding test scripts
- Ensure the project teams have clear, consistent, and testable requirements
- Support business validation of functionality
- Manage the documentation for multiple applications and releases across more than one development team while meeting deadlines
- Assist in maintaining concurrent project schedules
- Develop weekly and monthly status reports
- Six plus years of work experience in Information Technology as a Business Analyst and Tester in an Agile environment.
- Facilitates meetings with business owners, technical leads, and other stakeholders.
- Works as the Scrum Master for technical team coordination.
- Captures business needs and develops corresponding functional solutions.
- Facilitates development of technical requirements, user stories, and mockups to address business needs and work with developers and testers to ensure prototype solutions meet expectations.
- Develops Weekly Status presentations. Develops FDA EPLC documents.
- Estimates testing levels of effort for requirements.
- Determines testing approach for break/fix and enhancement requests.
- Develops test plans, test cases, and RTMs in HP ALM.
- Executes detailed tests and test scripts. Documents test results.
- Automates tests as needed in testing tools to support automation, 508 compliance, and performance testing.
- Supports UAT prep efforts in conjunction with business owners/ users.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint
- Proficient in formal software development life cycle processes
- Proficient with JIRA
- Demonstrated abilities as a driven, self-starter and quick study
- Story Creation
- Report Generation
- Experience in a government environment
- Experience with Appian BPM tool. Or other BPM tools. Experience with using JIRA and FDA.
- Agile development practices
- MS Visio
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
BS Degree from an accredited college in Information Systems, Business Administration or related discipline required. MS preferred. Pluses: Certified Analytics Professional (CAP); Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Precise Software Solutions, Inc., an SBA 8(a) program participant, is an innovative small business with a proven record of success delivering quality services and solutions to government organizations. A CMMI Level 3 company, Precise serves as a trusted advisor to senior technology executives and helps government agencies enhance and expand their information technology capabilities. Precise helps their customers capitalize on the efficiencies offered by technological advancements and ensures the integrity of their IT systems and programs so they can perform their public mission more effectively. The company is known for delivering agile and innovative solutions and specializes in strategic consulting, system modernization and integration, digital transformation and experience, infrastructure and cloud implementation, and data management and analytics.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Retirement Plan with 4% match
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Training and Development
- Two Innovation Days
- Employee Referral Program
- Annual Charity Donation Match
- Awards and Recognition
- Standing Desks
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Precise is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants.
Powered by JazzHR
Precise Software Solutions, Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at Precise Software Solutions, Inc.