Food Company in the City of Paramount, is currently seeking a food Quality Control/R&D Technician. This position will be responsible for safely and efficiently testing incoming raw materials and finished goods to ensure compliance to specifications to ensure our customers receive a Quality and Safe product.
· Perform inspection and CCP/preventative controls checkups on in process products
· Perform daily operation checkups of product and in process materials, including but not limited to review for completeness, label check, weight check, Lot codes, Allergens and visual inspection of products
· Identify and control non-conforming materials/products and equipment
· Formula/recipe verification and traceability checks for raw materials
· Perform all quality assurance checks, including but not limited to: inspecting the lines during pre-operational time periods; taking in-process or finished product samples for analytical or microbial testing; monitoring component temperatures, sampling components, and recording accurate information on all required forms.
· Address any questions and concerns on food safety and quality assurance with QA management in a timely manner
· Performs calibration and preventive maintenance (as applicable) on analytical testing equipment both in the laboratory and in production as required.
· Assist in training plant operators in quality testing procedures.
· Participate in plant self-inspections auditing of Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Perform checks for all the pre-requisite programs (i.e., Food defense, Allergens, Sanitation, Glass and brittle plastic, etc.)
· Input data on computer
Requirement Skills & Qualifications:
· Preferred 3 years of related Quality Control experience in a food manufacturing environment but willing to train.
· Must have great attention to detail
· Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
· Abide by all requirements, policies, work procedures, safety rules and instructions
· Must be Bilingual (Spanish)
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
· Knowledge of HACCP, GFSI (SQF, BRC, etc.), Organic, CCP, SOP, SSOP
· Be familiar with FDA, USDA and other food manufacturing related laws and regulations.
· Team Member
· Proficient with MS office suit (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
· Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use hands and arms
- Lift/ or move up to 25 pounds
- Push and pull up to 50 lbs.
If you interested please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call to make an appointment at 562-470-7570