Pet Sitter/ Dog Walker
- Over a month ago
- $300 to $500 Weekly
Precious Petcare is looking for an experienced Pet Sitter/ Dog Walkers. Your responsibility is to drive to client's homes to take care of their pets needs. Services that we provide are: dog walking, drop in visits, petsitting, doggie field day, pet taxi and overnight care where you will stay at the client's home to care for their pets.
The ideal person for this position understands the safety and priority of the animals and homes of the clients in their care. You should be an independent and reliable self-starter with lots of energy and a passion for all animals. Someone who can problem solve and have great communication skills.
- Exercise – Be able to walk, run, or jog the clients’ dogs to provide daily exercise on their walks.
- Other services – Pick up after the dog(s) during the walk. Check the dogs’ food and water supply, and if needed, provide food and water to the pet after their daily walk. Communicate with the pets’ owners, (as required) and be aware of any medical needs observed during your run or walk.
- Visits -- Cat visits requires feeding, refreshing their water on each visit, cleaning their litter box, and giving them lots of love and attention.
- Doggie Field Day -- Pick up the dogs from the client's homes and take them out on an outdoor excursion. Take the pack to dog parks, dog beaches and get their energy out.
- Overnight care -- While the client is away stay in their homes and care for the pets and follow their daily routines.
- Prior experience working with dogs and cat is preferred
- Compassion, patience, and reliability
- The ability to walk, run, pull, push, bend or reach
- The ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- The ability to walk more than 2 dogs at once
- Capable of handling all sizes of canines from small to large
- Must have your own vehicle to drive
- Must be 18 or older to apply
- Must have unlimited data on your smart phone
- Must be legally able to work in the USA
- Not allergic to any kind of pets
- Flexible schedule
- Wear comfy clothes and shoes
- No need to wear makeup to work every day
- Be greeted each day by wagging tails and sloppy kisses from pets
- Get your daily steps and exercise in by getting paid for it
- No boss that micro-manages you
Precious Petcare's core value is to trust and build relationships with the client and their pets. We will be doing a background check and also ask for 3 personal and business references.
We also have a 5-step interview process that each candidate will have to go through if chosen. First step is to answer some questionnaires. Second is the phone interview. Third is the in-person interview. Fourth is shadowing a sitter to see what your typical day to day will look like. The final step is training for a week or 2 depending on your experience and availability.
About Precious Petcare:
Precious Petcare is San Diego's leading pet sitting business dedicated to take the best care of pets and giving top notch services.
Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes safety, compassion and lots of love towards the animals. Employees can also take advantage of wearing comfortable athletic clothes each day, wearing no make up and getting paid to exercise! We have a family like work environment and are very close with each other. Always communicating and helping each other out. We also have team meetings quarterly so everyone can meet new staff members and talk about their favorite pets!
For more information about Precious Petcare visit www.preciouspetcaresd.com and on IG @preciouspetcaresd
***This is not an hourly job but a carpe de diem meaning you will get paid for each job that you complete.
***Flexibility is key and you can work as much as you want or as little as you want so you get to choose your own income!
***3-month commitment is required for this position.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSan Diego, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?