Research Associate II/Senior Research Associate, Adenovector
- Posted: over a month ago
Precigen is seeking a highly motivated and creative Research Associate II/Senior Research Associate, Adenovector Research and Development (level TBD based on candidate experience) with experience in cell culture maintenance, transfections and cell banking to support our vaccine and gene therapy research initiatives in our Germantown, MD office. The ideal candidate will work within and between departments, carry out a variety of diverse laboratory procedures, work under supervision, in a team and independently.
Upon hire to this position Precigen will require documentation of a COVID-19 vaccination or exemption for medical or religious reasons.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in, and provide input to, the planning of preliminary experimental designs.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others both within and between departments/teams.
- Ability to successfully execute experiments under minimal supervision.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries and provides input to interpretation of experimental results.
- Update projects progress on regular basis, immediately bring technical issues to the attention of their supervisor.
- Maintain a current understanding of relevant literature and scientific advances relevant to specific programs.
- Write and revise SOP’s as applicable
- Attend and present results at department meetings.
- May order lab supplies, keep inventory and provide maintenance on lab equipment; may order and distribute critical reagents.
- Comply with all applicable policies regarding health, safety and the environment.
- Maintain accurate and complete electronic lab notebook.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS or MS in biological sciences or related area and a minimum of two to three (2-3) years small to medium biotech/biopharma setting or in an active relevant academic research laboratory.
- Expertise in cell culture.
- Hands on experience in cell biology, virology, biochemistry, and/or molecular biology.
- Strong technical skills.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office.
- Organizes work effectively and uses time efficiently.
DESIRED KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated and independent minded.
- Positive interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with individuals from a variety of levels and functions.
- Self-organizer, meticulous hands-on habits, keen attention to detail.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Responsive, can-do attitude.
- Can coordinate parallel tasks across multiple projects, demonstrating prioritization.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a rapidly changing environment and demands.
- Ability to interpret and effectively execute upon a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, diagram or schedule formats.
ScienceView all jobs at Precigen, Inc