- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The primary role of the Facilities Technician is to work under the direction of the Facilities Manager to ensure that the physical plant, including all of its major systems, is kept in excellent working condition and to improve the physical plant whenever possible and however is needed to meet company objectives. Improvements can include renovations as well as lab reconfigurations. The Facilities Technician is to assure that all work is done in accordance with all industry safety standards and regulations as well as the specifics of applicable Standard Operating Procedures and/or Precigen Operating Procedures, all of which the Facilities Technician will train on diligently. Work shall include regular building walk-throughs, checks on the HVAC system, assuring that PMs are conducted of the emergency generator and all key equipment. Work shall also include repairs to the physical plant as needed, again carried out under the direction of the Facilities Manager.
Upon hire to this position Precigen will require documentation of a COVID-19 vaccination or exemption for medical or religious reasons.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accept, execute work around, and close work tickets, which are requests for assistance or improvements received from the various laboratories and working groups within the Company.
- Master all aspects of the routine building walkthroughs to the point of being able to carry these out independently, reporting results to the Facilities Manager.
- Assist the Facilities Manager in assuring that all equipment and systems requiring permits are duly inspected and permitted in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and effect repairs of breakdowns or flaws in the physical plant as needed.
- Accompany and supervise contractors and contracted work crews as needed.
- Serve on or lead teams involved in building enhancement, lab repurposing, office and lab relocations as needed.
- Maintain a safe work environment; work in a safe manner following all safety SOPs and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Collaborate with other departments, divisions and personnel to ensure that company, departmental and personal goals are achieved. In particular, close cooperation with the Metrology & Equipment subteam is vital to successful functioning of the Facilities subteam.
- Provide on-call emergency support as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ working either in a building maintenance team or construction environment required.
- Experience in one or more of the following trades: HVAC, electrical, controls, mechanical systems.
- Military service experience is valued.
- Knowledge of and ability to use Building Management Software is desired.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Basic technical writing proficiency required.
- Basic proficiency in MS Office required.
- Be attentive to details and value getting a job done right.
- Be comfortable operating autonomously and collaboratively, as required.
- Be forward thinking and attentive to detail.
- Have a high energy level and a positive outlook coupled with the requisite “can do” attitude and a willingness to ensure that company, departmental and personal goals are achieved.
- Have a willingness to think outside of the box and adapt best methodologies to our small but growing operation.
- Possess good verbal and written communications skills.
- Willing to put internal customer needs first.
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds.
Real EstateView all jobs at Precigen, Inc