Preble Street has a full-time 1st shift Housing Resource Specialist opening at Florence House. Florence House includes three programs; housing first studio apartments, safe havens and the emergency shelter. Florence House is open 24/7, 365 days a year; Florence House is designed to support clients in addressing their homelessness through finding and addressing their barriers to housing. This position will be working across all residential programs, although primarily at Florence House.
· This position is a 1st Shift position; the schedule is Sunday – Thursday, 8am-4:30pm
- This position reports directly to a Florence House Supervisor.
- The primary role of this position is to assist Florence House Emergency Shelter and Safe Haven clients to find and maintain permanent housing through assessment, voucher management, housing search, placement assistance, and related support.
- The Housing Resource Specialist is tasked with establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with property owners, property management companies, MaineHousing, and other resource providers to maximize housing resources for homeless women in coordination with housing resource specialists across the agency
- Alongside all Florence House staff, this position will provide program coverage, maintain client and tenant safety, monitor the security of the building, provide crisis intervention and support, and assist clients and tenants in overcoming barriers to stable housing through casework in line with the principles of Housing First.