Prepaid Ventures, Ltd. is a multi-million dollar financial services firm located in New Hyde Park on Long Island and one of the leading processors of prepaid debit card solutions in the United States. Integrating cutting-edge technology and decades of financial experience, Prepaid Ventures offers innovative solutions to businesses looking to grow. These solutions can bridge the gap between traditional paper services and electronic payments. Prepaid Ventures helps merchants give their consumers excellent debit card services and unrivaled customer support, as well as protecting them by monitoring fraud and risk and providing consistent and useful consultative services.
We are currently seeking a MySQL Database Developer to provide business knowledge and technical skills to implement technical strategies, and design, create, modify and review database objects. The Database developer will provide technical expertise that will benefit Prepaid Ventures, Ltd. The role will also interact daily with users from all business lines and all levels of seniority to resolve Infrastructure issues and provide any necessary support required to the user.
This will include supporting IT Management, DevelopmentTeam, Finance and Project Leads. By assisting in development, troubleshooting, creating and optimizing queries, reporting and automation of events and triggers.
Essential functions of this role include, but are not limited to:
● Database development under MySQL Version 5.6.x.
● Design, create, modify and review database objects (tables, views, indexes, keys, stored procedures, functions, DB links, etc.) to support development projects.
● Design, build, and maintain extract-transformation-load (ETL) processes.
● Implement and test database objects in non-production environments.
● Assist development team interfacing with databases.
● Support Testing efforts from a database perspective.
● Build custom reports that will help Finance and Compliance with their daily task as well as provide business insight. This will include ad hoc as well as scheduled reports
● Performs database design, requirements analysis, and benchmarking for database systems.
● Performs status reporting to IT.
● Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
● Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement.
● Optimize current queries
● Create Logical and Physical diagrams
● Document data flows
● BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent. Graduate degree in Computer Science or a related field =.
● High-level logical & analytical skills as well as attention to detail.
● Highly motivated with a proven track record of innovation, execution, delivery and customer focus.
● Knowledge of database and application object management including DDL, table constraints and triggers, clusters, object storage allocation and tuning, indexing options and tradeoffs, partitioning, etc.
● Data architecture and data analysis expertise.
● Experience in cloud based database systems such as Amazon RDS a plus
Additional desired experience, but not required:
● Ability to quickly diagnose complex issues and resolve them with minimal support.
● Experience in MySQL database administration and configuration.
● Understanding of software development life cycle.
● Professional certification in SQL development and database administration.