- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
To provide a financial and accounting lead in the Reno office, by:
- building a US accounting/finance function,
- acting as the JV financial relationship manager,
- supporting the operations team, and
- bridging operations and corporate finance.
- Finance Team - Build a finance and accounting function based in Reno for the development, construction and operations of the Project. Work with corporate finance to transfer processes currently managed from Sydney to the Reno office.
- Finance Team - Develop the inhouse capability of the finance team, including the planning, hiring and training of the US finance team to support the Project including managing the continued rollout of the ERP system, the development of Finance policies and procedures and creating a high-performance culture.
- Systems - Assist in the development and implementation of the necessary financial systems required for the Project start-up.
- Financial planning - Develop and maintain the corporate model and bank model.
- Budget - Manage the budgeting process in consultation with the CFO for the consideration of the Board.
- Reporting - Develop and maintain financial performance measures and reporting that supports INRs strategic direction.
- Treasury - Manage the US Treasury function, including development of financial risk policy, debt and cash management, FX exposures.
- Insurance & Risk - Manage and develop US insurance needs and own ongoing relationship with insurance broker.
- Tax responsibility for all US based taxes, compliance and ownership of service provider relationships.
- Banking responsibility and management of all US based bank relationships
- Audit - responsibility and management of US based audit relationship, particularly the audit of the Joint Venture Company
- Business Ops Support - Support the Business Operations team with annual planning, target setting, project costing, budgeting, quarterly forecasting, mid-year review, bi-annual business reviews etc.
- Payroll support of the VP Human Resources with regard to inputs for the payroll data base
- Commercial provide financial leadership for adhoc commercial decision making.
- Ensure employees can develop skills that allow them to contribute to the project success
- Ensure all employees operate in a safe manner
- Complexity of the Project together with the start-up nature of the role creating from scratch
- Effective liaison with Operations and Finance personnel with dispersed work force
- Carving out a role where one doesnt currently exist
- Bachelors degree in Accounting.
- Advanced degree/certification such as CPA/MBA a strong plus.
Experience & Technical Competencies
- Minimum of 15 years of finance/accounting experience
- Previous experience building and managing finance/accounting teams.
- Mining Industry experience preferred (or similar capital-intensive industry)
- Strong communication & presentation skills. Can easily present complex financial issues to non-finance executives.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills to develop strong working relationships both internally and with stakeholders.
- Ambitious self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple priorities without much direct management
- ERP implementation experience (preference for Ellipse or similar mining ERP)
- SEC reporting and compliance experience preferred
- Strong general computing skills
- English spoken/written
- Annual safety goals: Zero harm
- Strong personal commitment to build and maintain the highest standards of safety practice through own actions and leading others.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving the highest standards in HSEC
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies
- Personal Leadership
- Develops Organizational Capability
- Intellectual Firepower - fosters Creativity and Innovation
- Applies Strategic Business Perspective
- Delivers Results & seeks Excellence
- Brings out the Best in Others
- Sets Direction and Builds Alignment
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Highly motivated self-starter with technical and personal initiative
- Ability to mentor and develop a team
- Ability to effectively delegate
- Proven analytical, logical reasoning and problem-solving abilities.
- Proven administration and prioritization skills.
- Self-directed but possesses interpersonal skills necessary to develop productive relationships with a diversity of people, across all levels
- Diligence and persistence in promoting the best options.
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to work effectively and productively within a team
- Strong planning ability
Pray & Company HR and Business Solutions, LLC
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Pray & Company HR and Business Solutions, LLC